Chapter 3 - Chiselled Comforts

"IT'S NOT FUCKING ALWAYS ABOUT YOU, AMANDA." I yelled, my hands clenched into white-knuckled fists in the pockets of my suit.

"IT NEVER IS ANYMORE, MICHAEL." Amanda cried, turning away to face one of the many family portraits that I was never included in. Like I wasn't actually part of the family...
I grabbed Amanda's wrist, pulling her to face me.

"IT'S ALWAYS ABOUT YOU AMANDA. IT'S NEVER ABOUT ANYONE ELSE BUT YOU."

I walked over to the other side of the kitchen counter, grabbing the empty glass and the bottle of whiskey and poured myself a full glass to take the edge off this headache Amanda was giving me. I took a big gulp, almost emptying the glass, Amanda watched my every move assessing if I was going to react. I put the glass back down and swallowed the harsh liquid before Amanda decided to continue the argument. Considerate of her.

"YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO TREAT A WOMAN, MICHAEL."

"OH YEAH, I DONE HORRIBLE BY YOU. PULLED YOU OUT OF A MID-WESTERN TRAILER PARK, GOT YOU A BIG MANSION IN ROCKFORD HILLS, HELL, ALL YOU GOTTA WORRY ABOUT IS WHAT PART OF YOUR BODY YOU WANNA HAVE CHOPPED OFF OR SUCKED OUT OF YOU." She had pushed me to my limit. Everything I'd been keeping inside spewed from my mouth before I could stop it.

"SCREW YOU MICHAEL. I WOULD DIVORCE YOUR ASS IF I COULD. YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A MURDERING, CHEATING HYPOCRITE." She slammed her hand down on the kitchen counter, making the cheap whiskey slosh around its glass bottle. "I THINK YOU FORGET I LEFT EVERYTHING TO COME HERE WITH YOU, MICHAEL."

Amanda stormed out through the glass doors, almost knocking Fabien into the pool. Why he couldn't just knock on the door I will never know. Amanda slipped, loosing her balance and conveniently falling into Fabien's chiselled arms, resting her head on his stupid fucking chiselled chest.
"Oh Fabien, thank y-..."

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?" I bellowed, running towards Fabien, aiming to launch him into the pool. Before I could stop myself, he stepped out of the way, leaving me to plummet face-first into the water. The chlorine burned my eyes and lungs as I gasped for air, returning to the surface.

"THAT'S IT. WE ARE LEAVING AND WE ARE NEVER COMING BACK," Amanda shrieked, grabbing Fabien's arm and dragging him away. "YOU ARE A LONELY, PATHETIC PSYCHOPATH."

"FUCK YOU." Was all I could force out through my short, raspy breaths.

"The fucking yogi..." I mumbled to myself as I dragged myself from the pool.

That's when it dawned on me.

Amanda was gone.

For good this time.