Chapter 2 - Plastic Face

* 1 week later *

cjcnsd 

I was sitting by my pool thinking about Epsilon. Their building was only down the street but I was still hesitant about visiting, maybe because Amanda would disapprove. I've received so many leaflets from them before and only recently have I started to read them. Although I dismissed them as a cult before, their ideas began to intrigue me: Has the Earth really only been around for 157 years? Do trees really talk? These statements stayed in my mind like a catchy Wavves song until I heard the horrid screams of Amanda coming from the kitchen.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?!" She shrieked.

I stayed in the same position hoping she wouldn't come out and be a pain in the ass, sure enough, she did.

"YOU HEARD ME YOU LOWLIFE SACK OF SHIT!"

"What the fuck do want, Amanda?" I mumbled through the tobacco smoke.

"NO WONDER OUR KIDS ARE SO FUCKED UP!" She said, holding up a large block of Jimmy's weed.

I looked at her and back up to the sky before saying:

"You don't have to fucking shout so much."

"IF I DON'T FUCKING SHOUT YOU DON'T FUCKING LISTEN, MICHAEL!"

"I DON'T FUCKING LISTEN TO YOU ANYWAY!" I yelled back.

Suddenly Amanda came running towards me, grabbing the edges of my orange sun lounger and dragging it to the edge of the pool. Before I could react, gravity took over and the whole weight shifted into the pool, taking me with it. Water filled my mouth as I gasped for air, grabbing at the water, trying to swim back to the surface.

Amanda sauntered off, a smug look on her plastic face.

I grabbed the railings to the stairs and tried to regain my poor, unhealthy breath.

"THE FUCK WAS THAT FOR?" I gasped, still trying to regain what air my withered lungs could hold.

I ran upstairs to change but the bedroom door was locked. Amanda. I pulled the (luckily waterproof) iFruit out of my pocket and called Dr. Friedlander.

* * *

I drove horrifically over to the therapist, nearly crashing into Suburban and nearly killing some pedestrians. I parked outside next to his Comet, paid for with my money probably.

"Ah Michael, welcome. How are you?" Asked Friedlander as I shoved the wad of cash into his hand.

"Actually Doc, I don't think I'm up to this shit anymore." I declared, and I turned on my heels and walked to the door frame before Friedlander could interrupt.

"Maybe it's time to introduce you to something else, Michael?" Friedlander said quickly as I reached for the door handle.

I slowly turned around to face him and listened to what he had to say; although I can honestly say that I didn't know why I would listen to him considering the amount he has cost me in these stupid therapy sessions and the medication he's put me on has done nothing but deteriorate my mental health and drive me away from everything I loved.

Dr. Friedlander continued:

"I suppose I should say that a beam of guidance and knowledge shone on me a couple of months ago and brought me to a happy place, inside and out."

What the fuck was this guy talking about?

"And now, now it's your turn, Michael."

"Erm Doc, I think I - I better go-"

"Have you heard of the Epsilon program?" Dr. Friedlander said suddenly.

All thoughts of leaving had quickly escaped my mind, suddenly weeks of thought about Epsilon and Kraft were flooding my brain.

"I have, Doc..."

I was a little embarrassed to say considering 90% of the population of Los Santos considered it to be another mad cult.

"Well, I do a session, not long, about an hour at the church near Strawberry. It's about Epsilon and how it can help your life. Maybe you should come down and give it a go?"

Was this happening?

Something I never even considered would actually happen, was happening.

I agreed, trying not to give away how ecstatic I actually was.

"Only $50 a session, Michael."

"What seriously, Doc?" I grumbled

"Knowledge is power"

With that in mind, I agreed and left the office happier than I ever had in all the years I had been going to that man.

I suppose the stars were guiding me today.

{A/N - so it's a longer chapter ooh - enjoy!}