The ring.

Lily's POV:
I ached, my whole body ached. It had been a few weeks since Danny died and our little battle. The professors had called the ministry of magic. Most of the 7th years, all the professors and some 6th years fought them off as well. Most of the death eaters Disapperated, but some hid on the grounds.
Marlene was broken into pieces. She revealed that she had been in love with Danny, and that one night she accidentally saw him holding the wonderful engagement ring she had always dreamed of. A few days ago she was looking through his things, and found a letter from her parents. They had given him the blessing to propose to her, this broke her even more. Danny had really really loved her, and it made Marlene wish he hadn't fallen in love with her. Then he wouldn't have been with us on our trip. He would've lived. Marlene couldn't move past it, she would go to clubs with wizards in dangerous areas and drink herself to becoming seriously drunk. When she wasn't at those clubs she would drink as well. James and I let her stay in our common room while she wasn't at the clubs. She would whine in the middle of the night, and drink every time she woke. Once when we had just fallen asleep after a sexy night, I heard banging on our door. I grabbed a robe, and headed to see what Marlene wanted. She said she ran out of beer, I was too Exhausted from what I had just done to argue with her so I pulled some wine out from under James's bed. She took with a smile on her face. That was a mistake, huge mistake, the next morning she was  rummaging through our room! She was looking for more alcohol. We told her she needed to figure something out, so she did. She got a guy at the club, they had become very drunk and now we're dating. She left school, and stayed with Charlie. He was 18 and was so immature, they had sex every night and Marlene would sent owls about it all the time! "Marlene!" I exclaimed one night, while I was cuddling James. "She is so out of control! We have to do something!" I said. "Baby, I dunno, we should wait for her to realize this isn't her thing.." James began, but I cut him off. "No no no! She is my best friend!" I said, getting annoyed. "Ugh, well you figure it out, I- um have to meet up with the guys..." James said, he booped me on the nose while getting up and leaving our common room. "Bye sweetie." I said waving. I decided to go find Alice and get her on board with this.

"Hey Ali" I said walking up to her. "Hey girl" she replied "so... I think we need to get Marlene to come back to school and break-up with M.r. Charlie." I whispered to her. "I was thinking the same thing Lil" she whispered back.
James POV
Me and the guys were at Hogsmead today for a special reason, there was a wizard who was selling Engagement rings, really special ones just for this week. Yup. I am going to ask Lily to marry me, they guys are here to help me choose. We headed over to the warlock's small stand, he had many beautiful rings on display. There were gold, bronze and silver ones. Ones with diamonds and rubies. Some had swirling designs. "Look at this nice gold one mate." Sirius said pointing to a gold ring with little rubies making a heart design. "It's nice.." I said, I don't hunk that was the ring.

After an hour of choosing.
I finally decided on a gold ring with a Diamond in the middle, there were silver swirls surrounding the elegant Diamond. This was the perfect ring.