Not a plan, but fate.

James's POV:

Lily rushed past me up to her dorm, before I could say anything. I was relieved that she was okay. I thought Snape or something else happened. Now I felt like crying, I was on an emotional roller coaster. Up and down and up again then down. Why did I do it? Why did I do it then? If I waited for her to come back with the drinks she would see why I was shagging that girl. Every girl had a crush on me, Lily was FINALLY added to the list. She WAS on the list. That girl was so excited to shag me. I felt so angry that I lost Lily. I almost cried, but I heard Lily's muffled crying. I wanted to go up and comfort her, but I would probably make her feel worse. So I decided not to comfort Lily, but get Alice or Marlene to do it. I exited the portrait hole, rounding the corner. The corridors were empty, everyone had classes. I was skipping class, I realized Alice and Marlene must be in classes too. So there was nothing I could do, that was a terrible feeling I had to live with. I decided I would get my stuff and go to class, Lily would want me to. I pulled my robes over my head and stuffed my books in my bag. I had my head drooped as I walked to charms class.

M.r. Potter, Flitwick spoke in an expecting voice. I nodded and sat down with Peter. Peter gave me a sympathetic smile, which I returned. I pressed my face in my hands, trying not to cry. I wasn't listening to the professor, I was choking back tears. Peter tapped my shoulder, I snapped back to reality. M.r. Potter, Flitwick was now using his annoyed voice, turn to page 156 in your charms book. Right, I spoke quickly. I opened my book as I flipped through the pages I saw something that caught my eye, on page 45. It was the explanation charm, explaining what you did to the other person.

This spell is used to tell the other person what went wrong in the situation. The spell uses there way of understanding, this makes it easier to get back your college or loved one. This spell is extremely difficult. This book does not provide the information on how to preform. The book that holds instructions on how to preform the spell is called "Alvery Buckswart's guide to charms."

While this book didn't even show me how to preform this, at least I knew what book to get. I passed my book to Peter, he handed it back while giving a grin and raising an eyebrow. After class I caught up with Remus and Sirius. They were sitting in a corner, shagging. I whistled and they broke apart, both blushing. I laughed and handed Remus the book. How are you gonna get that Alvery's book, Remus spoke in a curious voice. I'll just owl my mum. I replied in a duh voice. You know, Remus spoke in a matter-of-factly voice, sometimes it's not a plan, but fate. What? I said, dumb struck, what does that mean. Sirius laughed, he was now petting Remus's hair. He means that fate could bring you to Lily again, Sirius said in a fake-smart voice. Yes I believe fate will bring you into the situation with Lily were you use the explanation charm, Remus said agreeing with Sirius. Uhhh alright, I said in a bored tone. I headed off to the next class, and to my surprise Lily was there. She had twisted her hair into a bun, and her face was tear-stained. She was taking notes from professor McGonagall, as well as checking them in her book. I sat down a few desks away from her, she pretended not to notice me. I really missed her.