-thirty seven-

Jade

A few hours later, Jesy and I had settled Perrie in her sensory room. I'd brought her teddies in and her duvet cover too. Jesy and I had gotten into our pyjamas too and brought up some ice cream, all so Perrie felt as safe as possible. She was giggling lots and cuddled between Jesy and I. She swapped between us, leaning on each of us alternatively. She was too cute though, she seemed so much happier and calmer in solitary. I could hear Leigh and Andre get in, they were never much good at being quiet.

"Dat Weigh?" Perrie mumbled, sitting up from Jesy's lap. Jesy had been playing with Perrie's hair, she was almost asleep. "That's Leigh, yeah," I smiled and rested my hand on her knee. "I go swee?" She asked and crawled to the door. I followed her and Jesy. "We'll go say goodnight then you can come up to bed, hm?" I suggested and opened the door. She just nodded and began bumping on her bum down the stairs."Weigh!" Perrie cheered, seeing Leigh by herself in the hallway. "Hey little one," Leigh cheered back and opened her arms. Perrie instantly ran to her and giggled happily. Leigh wrapped her arms around her tightly and lifted her up slightly. "I mwiss woooo," Perrie giggled and kissed Leigh's cheek like Leigh does to Pez. "I've been here allll day princess, you can't have missed me that much!" Leigh smirked and kissed Perrie's cheek.

"Ooh cuddles all around," Andre smirked, coming into the hallway. He wrapped his arms around Jesy and kissed her cheek, laughing. However, instantly Perrie growled- louder than before. "Whoa, calm it down little puppy," Leigh teased, running her hands up and down Perrie's arms. Andre squeezed Jesy, as if he wanted to antagonise her. Perrie screeched, her eyes flashed red. "Andre let go of Jesy please," I pleaded, looking between them all. "I'm only showing her a little love, I've missed Jess," he giggled and squeezed Jesy one last time before his hands fell to his sides and he stepped away. Perrie growled louder and tried to step closer to Andre.

"Perrie, no," I said and held one hand out. She looked to me but Leigh kept a grip on Perrie. "Pez baby, say goodnight to Leigh and we'll go to bed," I mumbled. Perrie gave Andre some last minute evil eyes and mumbled a quick goodnight to Leigh. "Goodnight baby, I'll see you tomorrow," Leigh mumbled and kissed Perrie's cheek, she was clearly reluctant to do anything. I took Perrie's hand and walked upstairs with her. "He no wowed twouch woo," Perrie said and wrapped her arms around me as soon as we were out of sight from Andre, Leigh and Jesy "Why not baba?" I mumbled, running my hands through her slightly damp hair. "I tect woo. I tected Biwwie so I tect woo," she muttered into my neck. "You don't need to protect me baba," I said, laughing slightly. "He mean, hwe hwurt," she sighed. "He isn't mean. Andre's the nicest man I know!" I took Perrie's hand and we went to her sensory room again. I got her tucked under the covers and dimmed the lights. Her projector was showing white lights on the ceiling and her lava lamps were on also. She snuggled under the covers and almost instantly began speaking to Billie. I smiled and left her to it, she was content and happy. "Make sure you're settling down darling, it's sleepy time," I said softly and ran my hands through Perrie's hair as I sat beside her head. She smiled at me and continued talking to Billie quietly. Eventually, her little conversation died down and her eyes dropped and she was asleep. Glancing at my phone, I realised it was pretty decent timing- 8pm was awesome as now I could leave and go watch a movie with Andre, Jess and Leigh and still get to bed on time! Not that I need a bed time of course, I'm a 27 year old business woman.

I crept out of the room and downstairs, Leigh was pouring a glass of wine for herself and Andre was on beer. Jesy had wine too. "Ooh, I'll have one of them," I smirked and picked up my own glass. We settled down watching Die Hard. "This movie sucks egggs," Leigh chimed loudly and flopped back onto her boyfriend. "Will you be quiet, Perrie is asleep upstairs," I groaned and threw a pillow at her. sHe huffed as it hit her stomach. "Ouchieee, Jadey," she whined. I got the puppy eyes but I avoided them- the next thing I know, the same pillow is being thrown back at em and hit me on the side of the head. "You cheeky beggar," I groaned and picked it up to throw back.

We continued throwing pillows between us until we were all too tired and stopped. Jesy was breathing heavily beside me Leigh was led, exhausted, across Andre's legs. "I say, we head to bed and leave these two," Jesy mumbled, putting her hand on my leg. I nodded and smiled, stretching out. Sleep sounds good. "We're heading up, be good," I warned, standing up. Leigh was on her third glass of wine and she was already tipsy. Andre wasn't too drunk but I could see him getting irresponsible. Jesy took my hand and we walked up the stairs. I quickly checked on Perrie, who was thankfully sleeping soundly.

---

I woke up to the sound of a deafening scream. Was it Perrie? I jumped out of bed but instantly heard the ridiculously loud music being played from the floor below me. "For heavens sake," I groaned. I walked out of my room and heard another scream, Perrie was awake now. I walked down the stairs and knocked loudly on Leigh's door. They were in there and their music was incredibly loud- way too loud for my liking. It was after mid night for Christ's sake. Leigh swung open the door, she was clearly very drunk."Turn off your music and go to sleep," I said, bluntly. She smiled at me and blew a kiss before shutting the door on my face. I hit it and walked to Perrie's room. As I opened the door slightly, she screamed again and I heard a little crash as she clambered away from the door.

"Hey, hey," I sighed walking further in. I turned on the light so she could see it was me and smiled."It's okay princess, it's just me," I whispered and took a step closer. I picked up her blanket which had Billie's name etched into it and held it out. She was in the corner of her room, curled in a ball. Her whole body was shaking and she seemed beyond scared. "It's alright baby," I pouted. I kneeled on the floor, beside her but not too close. She whimpered and looked at me so sadly. I took a deep breath- god I hated that she was hurt. She was such a sweet soul and people just ruined her. They made her this. She didn't deserve it. "I promise you're safe baby," I smiled and sat on my bum. She sniffled, watching me. I held out her blanket but I knew she wouldn't take it so instead I just dropped it by her foot. She sighed heavily and took it.

"Good girl, you're safe. I'm making sure you're safe baby," I mumbled and grabbed a bigger blanket and pulled it closer to me. I put it over my legs and sighed again. Leigh still hadn't turned her bloody music off. I was getting quite frustrated with her now- she knew Perrie had trauma. She knew we needed to change everything for when she came. Yet she's acting so reckless. If she wanted to party all night and get drunk then she can, just not here. She had a perfect opportunity to go to Andre's house and they'd be no troubles then. However, now I had a little Perrie curled in her room panicked and terrified. She was till shaking and sobbing into her blanket. "No hwurt," she cried, tightening her arms around her legs. I couldn't do anything but what I've already done which is reassuring her she's safe. "I'm not going to hurt you princess. I'm just sat here," I said softly. She peeked at me and sniffled sadly. "Hi," I smiled and gave her a little wave.

"Hewwo," she mumbled and sat up. "Would you like a cuddle?" I asked her softly. She whimpered but shuffled a little closer to me. I didn't react because I didn't want to freak her out. She reluctantly rested her head on my shoulder and I smiled. "Good girl, you're safe with me," I kissed her head gently and wrapped one arm around her waist. I lifted the bottom of her pyjama top and slowly drew little patterns on her side. I smiled wider when she giggled and shuffled slightly. "Does that tickle princess?" I smirked and did it a little more. She giggled and nodded and lifted her head to look at me.

"I love you baby," I muttered and brought one hand up to gently caress her cheek. She smiled at me and copied my actions. "Wove," she whispered and caressed my cheek. My heart swelled. "Is that your special way of saying you love me?" I asked. She nodded and rested her head back on my shoulder. God I didn't deserve this girl.