-thirteen-

Jade

I headed upstairs after all the sick was cleared as well as plates from dinner. I didn't regret what happened with Perrie, I guess I just wished the outcome to be better. I think it's a good enough start to try and get her to understand that she can't hurt us. I had serious bite marks on my wrist like damn, that girl is strong. We already knew she was abused in her old home from what she's told us and the other things we've picked up on so it makes sense for her to think violence is the answer to getting what you want. She doesn't understand when people say no to her or how to channel her upset into anything but anger and violence. We were really going to have to work on that and how to help her.

As I walked past Perrie's bedroom, I noticed Perrie sat in Leigh's legs. Leigh was asleep but Perrie was just looking around the room slowly. She saw me looking in, I smiled at her. I got a little bit of a smile back but then she hid behind Pooh's hand and whimpered cutely, making me chuckle. I kept on walking to my bedroom and stripped down for a shower. I had a bruise on my shin to from Perrie's meltdown.

After my quick shower, I got dressed again, replied to Jesy's text and explained what had been going on here and asked how she was doing then went back downstairs. Walking past Perrie's room again, I looked in. She was sat there, not so close to Leigh this time but she had her old blanket in her hand and she was talking to it. I tried to hear what she was saying but it was really quiet and mainly just mumbles, probably due to her having her paci in. I didn't know if she had fully forgiven me, so I was debating asking if she wanted to come with me.

I think I got my answer when she looked up and saw me. She dropped her blanket and covered her face with her hands, she peered at me through her fingers. I was torn on what to do- maybe I should just tell her where I'll be if she needs me.

"I'll be downstairs okay bub?" I asked gently. I got a small nod in reply and she kind of crawled backwards into Leigh again, even though she was asleep.

--

I grabbed some popcorn from the cupboard as well as a blanket and laid down on the sofa- these were the nights of being single. Usually, I would be out at the bar trying my hardest to have some fun, I mean to be honest- I never had to try too hard. There's always someone out there. But don't get the wrong impression- I'm not one for one night stands but I do have a lot of boys numbers, a few of the girls too. I like the girls, they are harder to get than the boys and thats what I enjoy. Tonight however, I had to stay home because of Pezza and I honestly didn't mind one bit. We were going to have to work something out soon though where we can all work. Obviously Jesy went on her shoot this weekend. I mean I could go out but that's leaving Leigh to look after Perrie by herself and I think whilst we are still learning the ins and outs of Perrie's behavior, and just the way she is in general- we need two people around at least. Similarly, none of us were ready to bring in anyone else at the minute. I know we are going to have to tackle Andre soon as he's coming home, I think we can use that as our test. The only other new person we've met was the doctor. To be fair, that went pretty well but that's probably because the doctor was experienced with dealing with similar cases to Perrie I guess.

I was scrolling through Disney+ trying to find a good movie to watch when I could hear someone shuffling down the stairs. I looked up quickly and saw Perrie coming down but she was concentrating on the steps and therefore didn't see me look. I didn't want to startle her or anything so maybe I'll just pretend I haven't seen her. Yeah, I'll do that and just see what she does.

Once she'd got to the bottom steps, she crawled into the living area and hid behind the sofa opposite, I could see her out of the corner of my eye but I doubt she understood that. Her eyes were swapping between me and the TV but she was ducking behind the sofa too. I decided to put Winnie the Pooh on. To hopefully attract her attention a little bit more. I pulled my knees further up to my chest and just waited to see what she would do. I was trying not to smile really but it was hard because every couple of seconds I'd see her cute little blonde hair sway from behind the sofa. She was moving around to but damn this girl is stealthy, she was so quiet. I wouldn't have known she was there if I didn't hear her come down the stairs. I turned myself further from the opposite sofa so it looked like I was facing the other way and I couldn't see. What Perrie didn't know is that I could see her reflection in the TV now. I smiled wide when she looked at me, crawled a little bit further out from hiding and then started watching Winnie the Pooh. I smiled and turned around a little bit so she could see my face again. She looked up at me and smiled herself- she must have seen me smiling.

She crawled over slowly to my sofa and tapped my shoulder. I pretended to jump slightly and looked down at her.

"Oh hello sneaky, what do you want huh?" I giggled. She smiled wide and raised her arms. I think she had forgiven me. I pulled her up next to me on the sofa, wrapped the blanket over her and cuddled her close to me. She rested her head on my chest and snuggled in close. She had her blanket in her hand, I noticed she also had her bottle. Her paci was still in her mouth too.

"Would you like a drink baba?" I asked her and tapped her bottle. She sat up and nodded. I paused the TV, picked her up and carried her into the kitchen then sat her on the counter.

"I have some special fairy drink," I whispered. Her eyes lit up and she bounced slightly on her bottom.

"Can I have this please?" I asked and tapped her bottle again, she looked at it, at me, nodded and handed it over sweetly.

"Thank you pretty one," I smiled. I filled it with milk then got some strawberry milkshake powder out.

"Thawy?" She asked through her paci making me chuckle and nod.

"Mhmm, this is made by the fairies and the rules are that we only give it to very pretty, good, little girls," I explained seriously and put a few scoops into the milk.

"Me?" Her eyes went wide, her back straightened and she pointed at her chest.

"Yeah! Of course! The fairies think you're super pretty, super super good and very little," I 

giggled, put her lid on and shook the drink whilst letting the powder mix.

"'ine!" she whined. She opened her mouth and the paci fell but she didn't care she just reached for the bottle.

"Hang on baby, it needs to mix," I smiled and shook it more.

"Shall we shake with it?" I asked her, eyes wide. She furrowed her eyebrows and tilted her head, she looked like a little puppy but I began to shake my body all over the place whilst still shaking the bottle. She giggled loudly.

"You do it too," I laughed. She began to wiggle a little bit on the counter and I smiled widely at her.

"That's great shaking baby!" I praised and raised my hand for a high five. She high-fived me and took the now ready bottle. As she went to drink she gasped and pointed at it.

"Bubs!" she cheered. There were a few small bubbles at the top.

"Yeah baby! Magic bubbles!" I giggled. I picked up her paci, rinsed it then picked up Pez. I took her back to the sofa and we cuddled up again with Winnie the Pooh. I'm glad she had forgiven me.