-twenty six-

Jesy

I walked into Perrie's bedroom to see her munching quickly on the sweets I had hidden under her pillow. It was a way to get her into her own bedroom but I'm so glad it was me that walked in and not Jade or Leigh.

"Youuuu little one need to be careful! This is our little secret, Leigh Leigh and Jade can't know, okay?" I smiled and crouched down in front of her. She giggled and nodded then slid a foam banana in her mouth. I quickly kissed her head and went to grab her a pull up.

"Come here then baby girl," I encouraged and tapped the space in front of me on the floor. She picked up her fairy and came to sit in front of me, she laid down and let me get her changed. Which was quite surprising to say she doesn't really know me that well but I'm guessing the sweets work as a trust, I give her sweets, she does as I ask. I quickly got her all cleaned up and put some cute pajamas on her, she had finished her sweets now but I think she was getting tired anyway. She crawled slowly back to her bed and sighed. I followed her, lifted the cover over her and made sure she was all cozy.

"woo 'ook?" she mumbled and looked at me sadly. I furrowed my eyebrows."Pardon baby? What do you want?" I asked and sat down. "'ook," she whimpered and pointed to her bookcase. "You want a book?" I asked and moved some hair from her face. She nodded then smiled. I went over and picked up a book about fairies. She clapped once I brought it back. "Oooh you like this one huh?" I smirked and sat down next to her. She nodded then rested her head on my legs. I played with her hair a little then opened the book. I read through it, using voices and expression wherever I could. Half way through, Jade came in and sat on the bed. "Good night, moon fairies," I whispered, "Good night, sleepy children. Thank you for sharing a wonderful day." "Nigh' night faiwies," Perrie mumbled, her lips very gently kissed the fairy in her hands as she fell asleep. I shut the book and smiled at Jade. Jade leaned down, kissed Perrie's head then lifted her onto her pillow rather than my thighs, allowing me to get up without really disturbing her. I snuck out of the room with Jade following behind me. She had turned the night light on and the fairy lights and shut the door slightly. "GOd I love that kid," I giggled as we walked upstairs to our bedrooms. "Me too, I'm thinking of making cupcakes tomorrow with her. You have a shoot don't you?" She asked. "Yeah, I'll be gone by 5," I yawned. "That's fine, I'll see you tomorrow," she kissed my cheek and went into her own bedroom. I smiled and went into mine. I'm guessing Leigh had already gone to bed, either way I sent her a goodnight text and got myself ready for some sleep.

Jade

I walked up the stairs slowly, still tired from last night. I had stayed up quite late watching Dynasty and talking to someone so I didn't get much sleep. Jesy woke me up being noisy at 5am too. It wasn't the best night. I had to wake Perrie up now though, I didn't want her routine to be thrown off. I walked into her bedroom, she wasn't even asleep. She was wide awake talking to herself and her fairy. Once she saw me, her eyes went wide happily.

"Hi baby!" I cheered and sat on her bed. She instantly got up from her bed and came to straddle my knee. "Ooh hello cuddle bug," I chuckled and wrapped my arms around her. I noticed her pull up was very wet and needed changing as soon as possible but right now, I was just happy with this cuddle. "Hewwwo," she smiled and sat up. "Did you sleep well baby?" I asked and stroked her hair. She nodded and yawned. "Well lets go get you all clean, how about a bath?" I said enthusiastically. She gasped, jumped off my knee and ran to her bathroom. A bath it is.

--

"No Perrie, we don't kick," I sighed and held her leg. She whined and tried to get my hand off. Ever since her bath this morning I must have had to tell her about 7 times about kicking and I was getting sick of it. Leigh had told her off earlier for shouting and pushing. She was being her cheeky little self this morning but it was coming across very naughty and I didn't like it. She had had 3 timeouts so far but she wasn't cooperating. "No want dis," she shrieked when Leigh put a plate of crackers in front of her. Next thing we know, they are all over the floor, cracked. I just sighed and looked at Leigh apologetically. She shrugged and went to get the broom. Perrie carried on coloring in her picture, well scribbling her picture.

"Perrie that was naughty," I said to her. She looked at me blankly. I sighed. I think I'm going to make her write lines. I got up, grabbed a piece of lined paper from the storage cupboard and a pen then put them on the island."Come with me," I said to Perrie and held out my hand. She looked at me, the book then shook her head and carried on coloring. "No Perrie, it wasn't a question. You come with me please," I said and took hold of her other hand. She shrieked a little but got up anyway. She dragged her feet along as I walked the 5 steps to the island seating. I tapped the seat and she sat down. "Now Perrie. This is what happens when you're naughty and you don't listen okay?" I explained. She shook her head and tried to wiggle away in the seat but I had tucked her under and she had no way out. "Come on, it's not that bad. I just want you to write some lines for me," she looked at me confused but still shook her head. I picked up the pen and at the top of the page wrote the words : 'I will listen to Jade, Jesy and Leigh-Anne'. It wasn't too hard. "I want you to write this, as many times as you can before I come back okay?" I said to her and put the pen in her hand. She nodded slowly and drew a small line. I kissed her head then walked back to the living area where Leigh now was after cleaning. I sighed and sat down next to her. I could still see the back of Perrie so I knew she was where she needed to be doing what she needed to do.

After to talking to Leigh for a while, I heard Perrie sigh and her head flop onto her hands. I chuckled and went up, she had been writing for about 20 minutes now, that's enough I think. Once I looked over her shoulder though, I was shocked. there was no words, just scribbles. "Sweetheart, why haven't you done it?" I asked and sat down, she whimpered and shrugged. I rubbed her back but then went to get another piece. sHe's being lazy. "Come on baba, you do it. I'll watch," I said and write my line at the top again. She groaned and shook her head fast."Come on, it's not too bad." I sighed. "10 lines, no more," I smiled. She picked up the pen then slowly tried to copy my letters. Tears formed in her eyes and she dropped the pen and started to cry. That's when it occurred to me that the poor thing didn't know how to write. I mentally slapped myself. I've just made her sit here fo 20 minutes making her do something she can't do. I instantly pulled her into my arms. Looking at the paper she had before, I could see some slight resemblance between my letters and her scribbles. "You don't know how to do it do you baby?" I sighed and stroked her back. She shook her head and cried harder. "I twy," she mumbled and pointed to the scribbles on the other page. "I see that now baby, I'm sorry. I thought you could," I whispered and held her tight. "Ooh, what's the matter?" Leigh asked and came towards us. "I just made her write lines, completely not realizing she doesn't know how," I sighed, I felt awful. I kept rubbing Perrie's back, trying to offer any sort of comfort I could. I had to make it up to her now. I think I'm also going to invest in some writing books, work books. I can get math ones too. Simple things, she can't live the rest of her life not knowing anything, if we wanted to make things any easier for her, it's the least we can do.

"Ooooh, Jadey's a big meanie," Leigh teased and stroked Perrie's back. Pez just nodded but stayed cuddled in my arms. I stuck my tongue out at Leigh and rolled my eyes. Leigh giggled and took Perrie's first paper. "Is this it? You can kind of see the letters," Leigh smiled proudly. They were all over the page. It looked like a toddler had done them, well I suppose- Perrie was (in ways) a toddler. "I twy," Perrie mumbled again. "You did an awesome job baby!" Leigh smiled and held up her hand for a high five. Perrie giggled, sat up and high fived Leigh. "Shall we go watch some TV and Jade can make more food?" Leigh suggested, excitedly. "MAKKA!?" Perrie giggled happily. "Of course we can watch Makka! Why wouldn't we? I love Makka!" Leigh cheered making me laugh. Perrie cheered too, jumped down from the seat and ran into the living room. She didn't understand any of Leigh's current sarcasm but it was too cute to ruin her innocence. Leigh rolled her eyes playfully and followed Perrie. Suddenly, my phone beeped with a message from my new friend.