-nineteen-

Jade

She had a temperature of 39 degrees (102, depending on where you're from). I had managed to find a head thermometer which is so much easier than anything else.

"I cwold," she whimpered and did grabby hands for me. I pouted, took my jacket off and wrapped it around her. She had complained to me earlier of a headache and she was struggling to really do much at all. I think she just had a bit of a fever really- which is tolerable. Obviously, I know she won't have the strongest immune system so we have to keep an eye on her but I'm hoping with lots of rest, water and cuddles I'm sure she'll be okay. Her body is just simply fighting the germs and things she's been exposed to recently. I had found some liquid paracetamol to help her temperature.

"Right princess Perrie. I need you to swallow this for me like a super big girl, do you think you can do that?" I asked and smiled whilst pouring some onto a spoon. She shrugged and sniffed. 

"It should make you feel super better baby, say ahh," I opened my mouth and she copied me. I slid the spoon in and she took it into her mouth but seconds later, it was all down her chin, her top and the counter. I pouted and looked at her.

"Why baby?" I asked and picked up a tissue to clean it. I quickly pulled her dirty top off and grabbed a clean one from the washing basket not far away.

"'ucky," she mumbled and looked around the kitchen.

"It may be yucky baby but it will make you feel better. How about we try again but as soooon as you've swallowed it, you can have some fairy milk?" I shook the bottle which was in her hand then slid her clean top over her head and guided her arms in. She looked at me and shook her head.

"Nuh uh, it 'ucky," she pouted and crossed her arms.

"Princess, you need the medicine so your temperature will go down," I sighed.

"Nuh uh," she sighed. She slid off the counter and sluggishly walked into the living area. I didn't know what I could do to make her take it. She's stubborn and won't take the liquid. I didn't even want to attempt the tablets. Only other option was to try soluble tablets, I can ask Jesy to pick some up on her way back. I did just that and followed Perrie to the living area. She had curled herself up on the sofa with her paci, bottle and blanket. In the night garden was on Tv- once again. I decided to start packing her toys away which we attempted to play with earlier on. What I've found over the last couple of days is that she doesn't really like too many toys around her, she gets upset and overwhelmed if theres too many options which really surprises me.

Once everything was clean I went over and felt Perrie's head, her temperature seemed to be getting worse but I couldn't drag her out to the shops. We couldn't afford for it to get drastically higher or then it would be a trip to the hospital- which no one wanted. I paused in the night garden and sat on the sofa next to Perrie. She whimpered, flicked her legs but then looked at me sadly.

"I need you to take some medicine," I sighed.

"Noo," she grumbled and went to kick me.

"Hey no, we don't kick." I scolded (not too loud) and took hold of her legs.