-twelve-

Jade

I walked into the living area and smiled widely. Perrie was sat on the floor with Leigh and they were sorting out all of her new toys. Perrie's back was to the wall tough- I think that's a security thing. She needs to be able to see everything around her. I'd just finished washing up from lunch and now I was going to start working on Perrie's sensory room. I had put all of the things we bought for it already in the room I'm using. Today I'm just going to start painting it and putting in the lights and things. Tomorrow I'll start assembling it properly.

I rolled my sleeves up and looked at everything around me. I had bought fibre optic lights, a dome light, a few bean bags, two bubble tubes, bookshelf and books, stress toys, stuffies, some things for the wall and a big fluffy rug. I had ordered a fairy mirror online as well as a stereo and some cd's for it. I also had a small ball pit coming and some play mats. I really wanted this to be Perrie's little room. The room where she can come and chill and relax and just let herself be whatever she wants to be. Leigh-Anne suggested a put in a swing, a large one where she can just rock and I thought it was an amazing idea. RIght now though, I had to paint!

---

Leigh

"What about this one baba?" I asked Perrie and handed her a toy. She looked at it, took it off me, rolled it over in her hands and then threw it away. She wasn't interested in the toys at all. At first she was, she played with the buttons on her dog but after that it was a no to everything or she threw it away. I knew Jade was upstairs, I wasn't sure what to do with Perrie right now. The TV was on and she was trying to watch it. Maybe we should just do some chill time. I packed her toys away into her new toy box and laid down on the sofa.

"Come here for cuddles baby," I smiled when she looked at me. She crawled over and instantly cuddled up to me. she could still see the TV. I picked up the blanket and put it over her then held her tightly whilst she watched In the Night Garden- so far, thats the only show she's into. I watched as she slowly fell asleep.

"Hello!" Jade cheered and came into the living room a while later. Perrie was still sleeping on me and I had just woken up from my own nap.

"Shh, what time is it?" I asked her, my phone was somewhere else and the Tv remote was out of reach- the TV had also turned itself off.

"3, how long has she been asleep?" Jade asked.

"Since you went up," I groaned, I knew I had to wake her up. I shook her gently. her eyes opened almost instantly and she let out a big yawn and stretch then sat up. She whimpered as her hand went to her pull up.

"Let's go get you changed munchkin," Jade smiled and held out her hand. Perrie carefully rolled over me and followed Jade to the bathroom.

---

A while later, the three of us where eating some pasta for dinner. Jade was helping Perrie as much as possible which was cute. She'd spoon the food to her and held her hand under Perrie's chin. However, we were careful with Pez today, we didn't need or want a repeat of last nights sickness so we were really watching how much she's eating. She had kind of slowed down a little with dinner and was just over half way through. But as Jade put the next mouthful in, I watched as Perrie gagged slightly so I moved her bowl away. She whimpered and tried to reach for it but I shook my head. Jade had seen it too and put the fork down. Pez chewed the food in her mouth and whined loudly.