<~Chapter 17 '°¬.

Our math teacher scribble something on the board that I could possibly understand what was going on. It's a chapter that Im quite good at, but I forgot what it was so I doze off thinking about what Artemis said earlier.

I tend to pay close attention since I don't want to get called out by the teacher and do some questions which I probably don't know how to answer. However-

"psst. Camile, psst."

I discreetly rolled my eyes at the person who's psst-ing me, which coming from my right. I looked at my textbook to see that a dude was tryna get my attention to help him. Thing is, I am not good at math. I can do it. but not good at it you know?

" what?" I bit my lip, starting to feel like someone's watching me from afar. I twirl my pencil in circles between my thumb and index finger.

"Do you wanna go out with me?" said the guy, whom I've never met. I widen my eyes in shock and I could hear somebody choking on air or burst out a scoff.

I slowly turn my head to him, unnoticed by the teacher. Im still processing on what to say to him. "u-uh can we talk later? after class?" I faked a smile.

He smiled and nodded. I bit my lip again and turn to the window. Made a face that resembles, 'What am I gonna do? jssjssjj'.
Then, jotted down some stuff the teacher wrote.

|| 3rd pov
|| math class

How could she talk to him?

was the question that's been running through his head. His eyes never left the girl that's struggling on how to answer to the guy--who asked her out out of the blue--in a polite way. Camile has always been the girl that would tries to 'talk it out' on some situation like these.

She's just surprised that this would be the day that she imagined out of other days.

The slick back haired boy can't help but feel an eerie feeling somewhere in his heart just by looking at the boy who's attempting to hit on her.

A little jealousy huh?

He narrowed his eyes at him, thinking on what to do with the guy if he tries anything on her. Because this often happens.

He doesn't want Camile to face the same thing as other victims does. He cares for her.

He knew that he had to watch her back cause this girl can be clueless and careless sometimes.

|| After school
|| Rooftop

School's over and Im at the rooftop looking at so many heads walking towards the gate entrance to their driver or oarents who'd take them home. Some would walk home.

It made me smile at the thought. A quite sad one. I miss the feeling of being cared by someone. I rub my arms for warmth. It's almost winter season and Mr Wayne's ball will be coming soon.

I waited for about a few minutes until I heard the door open. I turned back and sees Dick. I immediately composed myself and do a respective bow. Regretting it after, mentally face palming myself.

See, this is what happens when you got too serious with Tony's training center. Dick chuckled but soon was turned into a frown in worry.

I too, turned into a frown. "What's wrong?"

"We need to hide. now!"

Our heads quickly darts anywhere on the rooftop to see if there's anything that would our bodies together. Sadly, he saw a vent and pulled me with him.

He carefully lifts me up and let me inside. I helped him climb up and close the vent. It was too small for us to squeeze in so I laid down flat while he was peeking through the horizontal holes on the vent. Him on top of me.

Just examining the position we're in got my cheeks feels warm and my breathing sound isn't helping either. I played with the end of my skirt in nervousness.

I sneak a glance at Dick who looked so serious. "What's going on?" I whispered softly.

He didn't answer me. In fact, I could footsteps and people talking. It sounds like he isn't alone. It was an ambush.

Dick look like he knew about this. Too bad I could only lay doen and observing this amazing view above me🧘🏻.

" Where is she? You said she's gonna be here." said a familiar feminine voice.

"Look man, I didnt know she's the type of girl who'd play hard to get."

'FUCKING DUMBASSSSS' I screamed in my head.

"whatever, make sure she's here tomorrow."

I know that voice. Is that Delancy? and her minions? What does she want now. Thank God I learn those fighting lessons from Chris.

"You know her?" Dick whispered.

"ummm yeah.." I said softly.

I heard the door is closed. The vent was too dusty for me so Im trying to contain my sneeze. Unfortunately, I let out a quiet one.

Dick suddenly tense up and I knew that he's coming towards us. I started to squirm a little and stabilise myself between the small area.

"Yo Pete! Where'd you go? We search everywhere for you!" one of his friends yelled.

"what? Oh yea, judt checking up on some things." He lied. Then I heard the door close.

Without hesitation, Dick push the vent and made a loud noise when it hits the ground which cause me to cringe. He went down first then me. I dust off my skirt and stretch my back.

Man, I feel old. sigh.

" hey, you should be careful from now on okay? I see that those girls have been on your tail for quite some time now." He looked at me in concern with his hands in his pockets.

I felt mesmerised by just looking at his face and nodded. I feel like talking wouldnt be the best option after laying in that vent for so long. He took a step forward to me and held my chin up with his hand.

I was surprised by the sudden attack as my breath hitched. My whole body froze. My eyes were locked to his crystal blue eyes.

Such a magnificent eye catching eyes.

I gulped. "My father is gonna held a ball. Would you like to be my date?"

Suddenly, I went deaf.

Im joking.

I choked on air and stumbled a few steps back. "I-im sorry what?"

He said the words slowly and clearly for me to hear. "would you.. like.. to be.. my date?"

I let out a nervous laugh and started to play with my fingers. "why me? There's plenty of rich women out there. so why me?"

He then smirked. "Quality over quantity, Cam."

"I- okay." I choked out.

"Anyway, you're my date. Alfred will pick you up once we announce the date." Just like that, he walked away like nothing happened, leaving me alone with my thoughts on the rooftop.

well shit. what's Tony gonna say about this.