▪︎<~Chapter 5~>▪︎

WHOOP WHOOP another update!

Im getting better now and yea that's pretty much it. (I already am better.)

Anyway,enjoy the chapter!

~oOo~

I regret for taking the offer but not at the same time. But Here we are,at the table,waiting for The Bruce Wayne to come from his work and have a nice dinner -- made by Alfred -- to join us for the night.

"Ah,Master Bruce glad you're back. We have a guest staying here for the night." I heard Alfred from the other side of the room. I think he's here already.

Thinking back to what Tony said to me a few minutes ago made the anxiety kick in. But I decided to ignore it.

Make sure not to talk to him unless you had to.

Avoid any questions that too personal and something that involves me.

I heard footsteps coming and i steadied my breathing to keep me calm and the nervous inside me. Dick sent me a 'are you okay?' Look. I nodded.

I play with my hands before Bruce Wayne came in sight to join us for dinner.

Seeing him in person is almost -- keyword: almost -- intimidating. He's broad shoulders. His 'smouldering intensity' face. Would make all the people around him intense. I'd say he'd make the perfect Batman. Or is he?

"Ah,you must be Camile Edwards. Burce Wayne. Nice to meet you." He extands his hand for me to shake.

"Yes,that would be me. Nice to meet you too." I smiled and shakes his hand.

"She will be staying with us for tonight. Due to the heavy raining outside. We do not want her to get sick coming home." Alfred reminds.

Bruce nods as in he understand. "I agree. We wouldn't want you to go back home alone in the night. Who knows what's out there." Dick adds.

Alfred then serves us with delicious foods. The smell is already making me drool and cant wait to start to dig in. But i can't do that cause They'll think i don't have table manners.

Once the food has served. We eat in silence. Not the comfortable one but this silence has tension in it. A knife can cut it open.

"How was school today?" Bruce asks.

Oh i don't know? The fact that the Popular Group didn't disturb me or bullying is weird. Cause they usually started bullying me every chance they got.

But instead I say "it went fine."

"How was yours Dick?"

"The same thing as well." Dick says.

"What do you always do at home Camile?"

I almost tremble but I keep it cool. Why does he suddenly ask me about what im doing at home? "I barely at home. I usually works at a Café but also a diner near the school."

Duck shifts in his seat. I sneak a glance at him and saw that his getting tense. Suspicion grows inside of me.

"How old are you?"