<~Chapter 13~'°.

|| The Cave
|| After the explosion

I opened my eyes and see something bright. I winced at the brightness above me and carefully sit myself up. It seems like Im in some sort of infirmary. I take a look around and it looks rocky and the ceiling seem tough though.

I was slightly panicking due to being at an unknown place. Then, anxiety and anxiousness decided to hit me like a truck. What about Tony? The café? Are they safe? What about the explosion? Why are they an explosion all of a sudden?

Thoughts were running on my mind when a hand landed on my shoulder. I shrieked and back away as far as I can, if the person didn't pull me back, I would've fall down on my back and hurt my head. Probably go insane if my head goes first. I was shaking and hyperventilating from the fear and panic.

"hey hey hey! you're fine. Calm down. I am not going to hurt you."

I peak one eye open and another to see Robin. The boy wonder who Gotham adored so much. I'd never thought this is the day that im gonna meet him, at least, not like this, in this condition.

I control my breathing and panicked eyes by looking at his mask. (I forgot what his mask called💀) even though I couldnt see his real ones.

He did a gesture what looks like he's gonna come closer and he means no harm. I mean, I know that he's a good guy but you'll never know what'd happen. This world is full of people in disguise and the next thing you know, enemies are coming after you like a group of wild carnivores.

But what makes me mesmerised is that he knew how to handle someone who's panicking and hyperventilating.

it's as if he's experienced it before.

Once he's close enough to the single bed, he held out his hand for me to reach. I look at it and look at him again. His eyes were staring at me the whole time. Observing my movements. I can't help but get embarrassed being under his stare even though his wearing his mask he managed to make quivering in embarrassment and shyness.

Im still not moving from my previous spot, sril deciding wether I should take his hand or not. My heart says that the time is ticking and I could possibly sense that he's telling me to hurry up and take his hand.

But this time, I feel like the air is calm and isn't that tense so Im just gonna take my own time and be dramtic for a bit.

I slowly raise my hand and reach for his hand when the Infirmary door burst out open and I pulled my hand back in surprised and pull the covers up to my nose, goes back to my corner while im at it.

Well, this 'getting to know each other' between me and Robin aint gonna work at all. I mentally shrugged and rolled my eyes at the sudden outburst of the door.

Kidflash zooms in and puts his hand on Robin's shoulder. Robin pushes him away and pull him by his sleeves to the other side. He punch Kidflash on the arm hard and started arguing with him about how he came in at the wrong timing.

I watched them in silence, trying to figure out what they're saying and what they meant. Im starting to get ideas why this is happening but I decided to stay silent and not to think about it.

As the saying goes;
better not know than know.

Then they both started walking this way and im slightly panicking. A girl in a room with 2 boys. Red flags anybody? I think yes.

Robin's the first one to speak up. "Im sorry we had to meet this way. You're in The Cave, our headquarters where the Young Justice team is running by our Mentors; The Justice League." He said it as if it was fine to say something so important and detailed to a victim and a stranger.

I couldn't meet his eyes when he's talking because it felt familiar yet different at the same time. I couldn't place my finger to it. Kid flash seems to be giving me flirty looks and winks every now and then. To be honest, im getting uncomfortable with the flirts and pickup lines. He seems to be a good- or should I say cocky person with an extra boost of confidence.

I was only able to nodded with that statement. The anxiety starts to built its way up in my throat at the mention of Justice League. What did I do until I had to meet the Justice League? An action that I did so bad that they wanted me here.

My hands started to shake a little bit and I couldn't hide them in time when Robin ordered Kid flash to get out of the room and leave us alone for awhile. He noticed it.

well shit then.

He started walking close to me and sits on the bed, pats the space that're empty which is where I am supposed to be. I hesitantly crawl myself back to the spot where he pats and we were extremely close that our shoulders are almost touching.

He took my hand and check my pulse. My heart was beating so fast by the sudden action. He didn't even ask for my permission. How rude. I hold my breath and shakingly let out of breath.

He's been holding my hand for too long for my liking and I pulled my hand back, hid it under the covers since it's getting cold around here. My cheeks went red at the previous actions. He tilt my chin towards him and our faces are inches apart. He studies my face as Im struggling to look anywhere but his face.

You can say that I was panicking.

"Are you okay? Did you get hurt?" He said softly while admiring my face caressing my cheek with his gloved hand.

Did I just say gloved hand? It's probably dirty. ew. I jerked my face away from him and snapped out of my thoughts. Inching myself away from a meter apart.
(stay one meter apart!!)

He was completely oblivious by his own actions and I doubt that he doesn't know what he's doing. If I ever know his real identity, his face or shoukder would've been smacked by now. Unfortunately, I still don't know who he really is so that's just sad.

I whispered a "yeah" and since my voice sounded hoarse and dry, I started to cough. "umm do you have any water?" I said, stating the obvious.

He seem to be mentally face-palming himself when I ask him that question and handed me a glass of water. I quickly jug it down my throat and felt relieved at the moment.

Then the door opens again revealing Miss Martian. She threw me a kind smile and ask me how was I doing. She insisted on helping me walk throughout the way to the briefing place. Where Batman wants to meet me and so does the rest of the members.

I still can't believe im meeting The Dark Knight with my own eyes. He must be so cool and emotionless. Not to mention, super tall.

Robin followed us and guide us as well. This place is huge. You can actually get lost in here if you're an outsider, and that outsider is me. My sight was caught up by seeing tons of firgures with suited armour and different tyoes or stealth colours. All of their eyes were looking at me.

I felt a burden on my shoulders and strong weight in my lungs, causing me difficult to breathe. Miss Martian seems to notice it and assuredly give me a gentle squeeze on my shoulder. I felt a pair of eyes piercing behind me and I knew who it belong to.

I know he wants to say something but he just stay silent. If he says it here, someone might know after all due to their hearing ability. I noticed Miss Martian sent me a suspicious look.

So she's been reading my mind all along huh? Guess so.

"Camile Edwards, you've sent here because we need you to tell us something about Tony Edwards and it's also because your life is in danger." Batman said in a monotone voice.

I frowned in confusion. "I am what?"