.''¤ Chapter 18 ~>

|| The Cave
|| Living room

"You know what pisses me off, you never tells me anything about your love life!" Wally exclaimed as he plopped on sofa beside Robin.

"Shut up Wally im trying to clean my bow and arrow here." Artemis glared at him, that made him went silent in a flash.

Robin sits there glared at Wally for questioning him such thing. Sure, he is starting to feel something as he grew closer to Camile. It's just the way her energy attracts him. Her skill that beaten the guy himself at Dodgeball. The girl who won his heart by being herself. He has watched her from afar.

He and Batsy would stop by at the graveyard to make sure she is okay whenever she goes there at night. Robin feels like he needs to protect her, his eyes couldn't help but soften at her state of sobbing and crying everytime she gave her speech about them.

The thought made his lips twitched into a smile. He realised his mistake but he got caught by Megan who came in with her freshly baked cookies.

"Why are you smiling Robin?" megan said with a cheeky smile along with a cute giggle.

"I told you, he's seeing someone but he doesn't tell us who!" Wally ranted, zooming past them and munching the cookies in one go.

Artemis wasted no time and gave him big smack on the back causing Wally to spit some of the cookies out of his mouth. Kaldur managed to dodge some before it lands on his face.

" It's his life, why do you care."

"but-"

Conner shoved the rest of the cookies inside his mouth and walks away without any words.

"Hey, Batman calls me, See you guys tomorrow." Robin lied as he zeta boomed to Gotham. Dick needs some fresh air to clear his mind from his thoughts earlier. He heard a familiar voice in the distance from the shops.

"Hey Cammy."

"What?"

"You like these right?"

"what's that?" the girl gasped, "is that blueberry cheesecake?" She run towards the shop, hands wide open, face pressed against the glass to look at the display with heart eyes. Eyes sparkled in awe. A guy chuckled at her and gesture her to buy some. This made the girl squealed happily, rushed inside the store and pick a few of her favourites.

He recognised that female voice but doesn't recognise the man's. He watched them from outside with this feeling inside his heart. Could it be jealousy? yes.

He narrowed his eyes at the man who made his girl all happy and cheery. Dick made a mental note to buy her cheesecake some time. He heard the doorbell rings signalling that the two fo them walked out the store.

"Here you take this one."

"What? No. That's for you, You wanted it."

"But I can't finish all these by myself." You can actually imagine her puppy eyes after saying that.

After a moment of silence, he gave in. "Fine, I'll take it."

"Yay!" with tiny claps in excitement.

"Okay, I'll head home first. bye!" with that Dick heard footsteps coming his way. He hid beside the alley.

'tch. Who lets a girl walking home by herself at night?'  Dick rolled his eyes, stuffing his hands in his hoodie.

As he watch her walk forward. She suddenly stops." I know you're there."

This made Dick chuckled. He came out of his hiding spot. Walking beside her cheekily. "how'd you know I was there?"

"My gut tells me."

"Why are you out this late? Shouldn't a pretty girl like you be indoors?" He said, eyeing the cheesecake bags that she carries.

She looked at him, looked at the cheesecake and looked at him again. Camile raised the plastic bag to his face with a cocked eyebrow. "You want this?"

Robin nodded, she immediately pulled back and walks away swiftly saying no.

The chapter ends with the sound of laughter echoes throughout the sidewalk of Gotham Nights.

____________________
im sorry for the lack of update. Im in secondary 4/form 4 now and shits been acting up lately sighsss. new fandoms and stuff. I'll try my best to update this book. Im really sorry for the short and delaying the chapter. I'll do better next time🙏🏻

I'll be off~