<~ Chapter 20༄.

|| school
|| where we left off last chapter

Camile looked at him in surprise. She did not expect him to ask her such a question nor talk to her. She's curious of what he's gonna ask. So she blinked twice and give him a slight nod, a green light for him to continue.

what does he wants to talk about?

God knows what he wanted to talk about. probably some dangerous stuff. some wild stuff. who knows. its Dick Grayson for fucks sake, of course its gonna get wild.

Actually, I dont even know myself.

Dick looked around the area, to double check just in case. He grabbed her arm and led her to somewhere silent where no one can hear them nor see them. Safety reasons kids. Dont think about something else. they're kids ffs.

Camile raised her suspicions and kept her guard up. Being alone with a male, in the dark isn't a good idea nor safe. Always keep your guard up. She mentally and physically prepared herself just in case if he wants try anything funny since they're alone.

"Alright so, I was wondering if you've heard about a Winter Ball being held somewhere at the end of the year..? or if you know what that thing is at least?" Dick made hand gestures to help her understand.

Camile spaced out for a second, thinking if she have heard about it in her life. She does know about it but she doesnt know what's the purpose of it, what do they do, how it works, anything. She has never been to one.

So she came to the conclusion to just, "yea sure, you can say that.. " She eyed him suspiciously, from top to bottom. Then opens up her mouth again, "are you gonna ask me to be your date or what-"

Dick looked at her dumbfounded and pressed his lips in a thin line. Proceeds to sigh then, "yes, something like that. haha."
He scratched his neck in embarrassment.

She'd be lying if she says this doesnt flatter her. It surely gives her a smol swamp of butterflies in her stomach. A new flower blossoming from the sudden action. It actually warms her heart to see the popular kid who's expected to hangout with the popular kids is talking to a nobody like her.

but then you should always keep your guards up. you can never know what could go wrong within seconds.

So instead of saying yes she said, "Oh.. - nervously laughs - you know what, I'll think about it." She couldn't handle the overwhelmed feelings around her anymore. She needed to get out of there fast. With that, she left him there without saying another word.

Dick saw her silhouette disappearing through the hallway. Spacing out in the process, then twitched out a smile. He immediately fixed his facial expression after realising.

It seems like Camile had an effect on him already.

and so was she.

~oOo~

|| at the gym
|| with Chris

"yo Chris!" yelled Camile in the hall.

Chris was sparing with a hologram but the hologram disappeared when she walks in. Chris wiped off his sweat using the towel that hangs on his shoulder.

She'd be lying if she say she didn't catch feelings with her mentor. but we must keep it professional.

"what? Did you practice what I told you about? are you slacking off now huh?"

"No! I already did that. Im leaving. but before that I wanna ask a question since you're my only.. guy friend here and.." Camile trailed off, thinking how could she tell him without getting him feel suspicious about her.

"and?" He looks a bit annoyed with her daily stupid questions but he always answers back to her. Or else no money from papi. Tony I mean.

"what do people always do at balls? do they dance and stuff? do I need to buy a dress and go there by walking or what. Id it expensive? Do I need to pay.." With each question, you can hear the worry being laced in it.

Money was the problem. She couldnt affird attending and wearing fancy dresses. Because she knew how people would do. Offer them a deal, then ask them to payback. Such dirty pricks. She hated them for that. That's why she had a tough time trusting Dick and slowly opening up to him.

She couldn't be played like her parents did. It was so sad to hear but that's the reality.

Chris saw the look on her face. He thought of a solution. "Where do you even think of that in the first place?"

"Oh a friend asked me about it. I thought I could ask you since.. ya know, look at you being a mentor at a private unknown gym for an upcoming 'superhero' " Camile used her hands to do the air quote. They both laughed at her childish gesture. It was cute.

" Im not quite sure about the rest but I am sure about the dancing part though. They'd play some random ass music piece and the people would waltz their way through the dance floor with partners." Chris explained.

Camile looked at him with sparkling eyes. Listening to him passionately explaining was a sight to see. He's not just firm and strict. But he's also passionate! It's something Camile really admires about her mentor.

" ahh okay. I got it. thanks!" She took off running towards the exit and headed home after a long night training. Her body is sore and would probably need some skills in dancing as well.

She flopped on her bed as she snuggles into her comfy fluffy blanket that Tony gifted her. She had a smile on her face thinking about the incident at school with Dick. Everytime it appears in her head, she cant help but broke into a smile and squeal.

A smile that soon been replaced with worry. How could she dance? She didn't know how to do waltz. She can dance, but she never learned about waltz.

Who's gonna teach her? What about the dress for the Winter Ball? Will she be able to solve that problem?