Chapter 31

Shineko Akatsuki.

"The cat of death. You like the ring of that kit?"

I gritted my teeth and clenched my fists. "You did this. You're the reason everyone is dead."

"Ah well, except for lord Aizen-sama of course." The doppelganger giggled and flashed a smirk. "And Ichimaru's pathetic pleas were hysteri-"

I shunpoed in a blind rage. My hand grasped her neck with no intention of letting go. "Don't you ever speak of Gin that way!" I challenged.

Shineko grinned before she disappeared. She now stood behind me. "Still overreacting over the littlest things~. Such a pity."

My zanpakutou appeared at my feet. "What even are you?" I asked, picking up the weapon.

"A manifestation perse. Aizen intended for you to just lose your powers mercifully. But I wouldn't say Ichimaru-san's motives were all that unpredictable." Shineko hovered from her spot and held in her hand what looked to be the crescent pendant. "But your power became unstable. In a way, your soul is attempting to regain the power you lost." Shineko closed her hand around the object with a sharp crack. Black energy rose up before absorbing into her body. "But I won't let that happen~." Her body emitted a black aura and she licked her lips. "Less talk, let's see if you can get to the end of this tragic story of yours~."

*****

"Sir, we attempted to retrieve the traitor, but she evaded all tactics alongside Ichimaru Gin and an unknown Arrancar," the lieutenant of squad nine said, Hisagi Shuhei.

Head Captain Yamamoto kept a firm look and sighed. "Very well then. She will be killed alongside the others. There is no sympathy for convicts who betray the order of Soul Society."

The lieutenants stood in the squad one meeting hall. It went noticed that some exchanged uneasy glances.

"But she didn't betray us; she was kidnapped. I saw it with my own eyes along with the rest of Squad three," Izuru spoke up.

"I-I don't think she would do it on purpose," Momo said next.

Renji put a hand to the back of his head. "We're not giving her much of a choice Captain. She has a death penalty on either side she's on."

"Silence! Do you intend to join the traitor?" Captain Yamamoto spat.

Rangiku crossed her arms over her busty chest. "She's not a traitor. Before we knew of her identity she didn't harm Ichigo and his friends. She didn't pose any threat to us until we figured out who she was."

"I will not hear of these excuses for a traitor! One more word and you'll all be sent to a prison cell," Captain Yamamoto threatened.

Those who had spoken up reluctantly bowed their heads. "We apologize, Captain."

*****

Metal clashed in the air as the embers began to reign over the apocalyptic land once more.

I breathed heavily as a trickle of blood trailed down my face. My armbands had been sliced through and hung in strands. Cuts and bruises painted my skin.

"Had enough yet mirror-san?" Shineko was practically unscathed and she seemed to be enjoying herself.

"Shut up; I can keep going."

The opposite laughed and placed her blade over her shoulder. "You're a lot Jeagerjaques-san ya know. Rushing into battles only to end up in a pool of your own blood~."