Chapter 13

Gin watched as Neko's skin drained of color the instance the words left his lips. He wasn't dumb. Of course she wouldn't want to stay with him much less be around him. However, he wouldn't let this opportunity go to waste no matter how much she tried to fight back. He didn't care how many lives he had to torture in order to obtain the information he desired.

Gin would make sure Aizen didn't interfere this time.

"But Captain!" I protested.

"Ya heard Izuru, I can't leave a fragile thing like you outside. It would just be plain irresponsible of me to have ya live with anyone other than me."

Gin pulled out a small stack of papers from his uniform, handing them to his reinstated lieutenant.

"Izuru, would ya mind filling out these papers for me? I need ta speak with Neko alone if that's alright with you."

It wasn't a question. Gin was going to have his way whether I liked it or not.

"Yes Captain. I'll make sure the work is completed as soon as possible." Izuru gave into Gin's wishes but neither of us knew what he wanted with me.

"Wonderful, now run along Izuru. Wouldn't want Head Captain giving ya any trouble for slackin' after ya just returned."

Izuru bowed, uncertainty still present on his face. "Thank you, Captain Ichimaru."

The blond-haired soul reaper left to the lieutenant's quarters, leaving me and Gin alone. Alone.

How could this have happened? This was by far much worse than being lieutenant.

Gin's smile stretched wider across his face seeing the pieces of his plan fall into place.

"Oh come on Neko-chan, don't look that way. I have ta make sure ya don't go wanderin' around in that condition of yours."

"And why do you care about what happens to me?" I snapped.

Gin chuckled, pulling me along with him to his room. "Why? Are you assuming that I think any less of you now that you're not my lieutenant anymore? In any case it's the exact opposite."

Great, that's just what I need.

As soon as he opened the door to his room I tried pulling my arm away from him. His unchanging fox-like smile mocked me as his grip only tightened.

"Oh dear, ya really are stubborn today aren't you?"

Gin finally managed to pull me inside after my feeble attempts to escape proved to be pointless.

The room's lights were on, contrasting the eery feeling I had felt before within the dark atmosphere. I could still picture Gin's figure looming in the doorway, watching me like prey.

"Would you let go already? I'm not your prisoner you know," I said, looking down at his hand.

Gin chuckled, a dangerous smirk spread across his lips. "Oh? Ya know ya really should be nicer ta me for allowing ya ta stay in my room. After all I am much more superior ta you."

"Cut it out, Ichimaru! You're just ignoring the fact that you and Aizen were the ones who trapped lieutenant Kira in Hueco Mundo, didn't you?"

Gin gave a satisfactory hum. "Ah, that's an interesting find, Neko. And how do ya figure that?"

"You don't have to play dumb with me. It's obvious you let Izuru go to Hueco Mundo so willingly. For me to replace him only a few months later was already suspicious enough. There is also the fact that he showed up magically out of nowhere now that Rukia went into hiding in Karakura town. Only you and Aizen could pull off something like that, but it doesn't explain how he survived all that time."