Chapter 29

Sorry, this chapter took so long everyone! After redoing the last chapter I had a hard time making this one. This has been the most intimidating one for me to write and with finals this week it definitely has put some weight on my shoulders. I sincerely hope you like this chapter!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gin and Grimmjow?! Was Aizen aware of this?

I sighed from the pointless questions. What mattered now was getting out of here. I noticed my fox appendages fade away as if they never existed. Though I was a bit relieved a wave of nausea was quick to follow.

"Ara, I think ya out did yer self this time, Neko-chan~." Gin stood over me with a wide fox-like smirk. His hands were hidden inside his sleeves as if he was concealing a weapon.

I gave him a week smile while holding my head. Without the power from before I felt weaker and a little exhausted.

"My looks like ya brought company too kitten~."

Ichigo, Rukia, Renji, and Byakuya approached along with Kenpachi after he recovered from Gin's sudden attack. The Captain was already eyeing the silver-haired man with a malicious smirk. Toshiro nor Rangiku was apart of the group. Byakuya held a stern frown when he saw the former third squad Captain wearing his bright grin.

"I didn't think you would be so ignorant to show your face here, Ichimaru."

Gin chuckled and put his hands to his hip. "Why would I be so ignorant not too? I do believe yer in possession of a valuable asset that's requested to be retrieved immediately. I'm only followin' orders, Captain~." Gin laid his bony hand on my opposite shoulder and pulled me closer. "And now we'll gladly be out of yer ignorant hair, Captain~."

Gin was clearly testing Byakuya judging by the man's irritated expression from the mock disrespect.

Suddenly Renji launched towards us with his zanpakutou unsheathed. "Roar Zabimaru!" His sword extended into a six-part segmented blade. Each section held a sharp jagged point. He swung the hilt as the blade twisted and turn, reminding me of a whip.

Gin merely jumped out of the way with his grip remaining tight around me. "Oh my, how scary~. Ya almost hit the poor girl~."

Renji's sword recoiled back to its sword-like state. His brown eyes showed his determination. "Neko don't be such a fool! You're not one of them!"

A sullen expression made its way to my face. I looked at myself, Gin, and Grimmjow before bringing my gaze back to the group. "Then tell me. What am I?"

"Neko come on! You're a soul reaper!" Renji barked.

I shook my head. "A soul reaper would skewer their blade through the throat of an Arrancar. A soul reaper would despise those of Las Noches. A soul reaper... wouldn't protect those on the opposite side."

Renji wore a dumbfounded look. "What the hell are you talking about? You did nothing wrong to be acting this way."

Gin seemed like he wanted to say something for me, but I removed myself from his grasp. These were my words, not his. "If it wasn't for them I would be dead by now. You don't know anything about me or what I've gone through these past few months." I sighed and placed a hand on my zanpakutou which made the others do the same. "Head captain doesn't care if one soul reaper is gone so why should you be concerned whose side I'm on? Like I said you don't want to get in Aizen's way."

"Then why serve him? Why don't you just run away?!" Ichigo piped up. He pulled out his huge butcher-like sword.

"Heh. Ya really think I serve him because I want to? You don't get to choose what the headmaster does with you. You stay in line unless you want to be killed."