Chapter 9

A/N: I wanted to say a quick thank you to those who have gotten up to this point in the story so far. Thank you for all your comments, votes, and support thus far, they have helped keep me going in writing this story for you. On with the Chapter!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gin began creeping towards the bathroom door.  His slitted eyes trained on me like a predator closing in on its prey. His zanpakuto remained unsheathed, ready for use at any time.

I stood up quickly, slamming the door shut. I fumbled to find a lock on the door but it had none.

I made a split-second decision and launched out the window, coming out head first. I fell to the ground, coughing up dirt. The window was higher off the ground than I had originally thought.

I scrambled to my feet, pain swelling through my nose. I sprinted from squad three into the forest of trees that surrounded it.

*****

Gin chuckled, putting the back of his hand to his toned cheek while he propped his arm on the window sill. He watched as the brown-haired girl with purple tips ran away. He knew quite well that he could easily catch her if he pleased to, but where was the fun in that?

He waited until her figure was condensed within the dark trees before making his way out of her bathroom and into the main room.

Gin sheathed his zanpakuto, flexing his bony fingers. "Now then, if my lieutenant won't come ta me willingly,  I'll just have ta make her. Simple as that." He proceeded in putting his hands behind his head, a smirk spreading graciously across his lips.

*****

I pounded furiously on Momo's door, looking behind me for my pursuer. Momo opened the door seconds later, her eyes wide in fear of my appearance.

"Neko-chan, what's going on?"

I pushed past her, closing the door shut behind me. I tensed when I saw Momo looking at my ankle with a hand over her mouth. "Neko you're bleeding!"

When I looked down she was right. A clean-cut was made in my sock, blood staining the white fabric. It was obvious that it was made by a weapon.

I looked back at Momo with dread, placing my hands on her shoulders. "Momo, there's no time to explain. Just please hide me," I said with urgency in my tone. There was no time to argue with her and standing out in the open was no option.

Momo nodded, pointing towards her closet in the back of the room.

I made no hesitation and headed towards the small space.  I closed myself inside, looking for a place to hide. There were uniforms hung neatly from a vertical metal pole in the closet and a few items like books and stuffed animals scattered on the floor.

I blended in as best I could, pulling items over my body.  Not a sound was made from me or Momo.

Complete silence hung in the air.

Before I could let out a sigh of relief I heard a knock at the front door. I held my legs closer to my body for comfort.

"Oh, it's you Captain Ichimaru," Momo said after opening the door, sounding surprised at the unexpected visitor. I wasn't.

"Ah, Momo. Sorry ta trouble ya so late, but I was wonderin' if you had seen my lieutenant anywhere? It seems she has wandered off."

Gin's voice seemed to be playful yet cynical all in one. I held my breath, hoping she wouldn't sell me out. "Oh umm, Neko? Umm, I don't believe I have seen her captain."