Chapter 23

Grimmjow was dismissed when Aizen waved a hand at the blue-haired Espada. I hated being left alone with Aizen. It always left a sickening feeling in my stomach.

"Ah Neko, so nice to see you," he greeted.

"I wish I could say the same."

Aizen wasn't fond of the way I had begun to act. After I met some of the Arrancars like Nnoitra, Grimmjow, and others of which names I've forgotten I realized I needed to grow a thicker skin.

"I won't take up too much of your precious time, Neko."

I let out an exasperated sigh. "Fine, just tell me what you want."

Aizen chuckled, throwing my attitude aside. "I've noticed that you've been spending more time with Gin."

My eye twitched at the mention of Gin. "Ya, is that a problem, your highness?"

Aizen seemed to be growing more and more irritated by my behavior, but unbeknownst to me, it wouldn't last much longer.

"And if that is true, I'd imagine that you enjoy spending time with Gin. Correct?"

I raised an eyebrow, looking up at Aizen who was sitting upon his mighty throne. "Ya, so what?"

Aizen disappeared from his spot in an instant, appearing behind me with his hand resting on my arm. "It bothers me that you've picked up Grimmjow's habit of defying me. Where did my little Neko go?"

I batted his hand away and spun on my heel to face him. My eyes were filled with daggers. "I was never your Neko! You tricked me and I'll never trust you again for as long as I live. No matter how long you keep me here!"

Aizen raised his spiritual pressure with a frown present on his face. I gasped as the sudden tension coursed through my body from his immense strength. I was brought down to my knees.

Aizen approached me with light steps until he crouched in front of me with a smirk. "Remember when you asked me why I brought you here, Neko?"

I reluctantly nodded my head under the pressure. "But w-what does that have t-to do w-with anything."

Finally, Aizen eased up with his spiritual pressure and I gasped for air immediately. "It has to do with more than you could imagine Neko. I thought a curious cat like yourself would have figured that out by now."

Before I could shoot back a comeback Aizen pulled out his zanpakutou. I flinched and fell back the rest of the way to the floor. "Aizen."

Aizen smirked, holding the weapon in front of me until he pressed the tip to my collarbone. "Let me show you why I brought you here."

Suddenly the room began to fall away, consumed by a roaring winter snowscape and a light teal sky. The setting was all too familiar.

My gaze fell upon a man wearing a soul reaper uniform. He was begging on his knees in the soft powder. "Please spare me! I'm only carrying out Aizen's orders!"

My eyes widened at the man. Sora.

I could hear a soft chuckle not far behind him. "Sounds ta me like ya had a choice. Yet here ya are. Such a pity."

Sora let out a pained yell as something was run across his throat, nearly severing his head from the rest of his body. I winced as Sora's body lay lifeless in the snow.

My body froze when I gazed upon the young boy who had been standing behind him.

Gin.

"No, this is a lie. It has to be." I looked up at Aizen, but his attention was on Gin. It was as if he had already seen this moment played out over a hundred times.