Chapter 34

"What the hell? Tomorrow?" Grimmjow said with an irritated look in his blue irises.

Aizen's Espada, Gin, and Tosen were all assembled in the grand meeting hall. Aizen gingerly sipped at his green tea before directing his attention to the blue-haired Espada. "Indeed. The ryouka boy, Kurosaki Ichigo, will be making his advance by then. It will only be a matter of time until Soul Society follows suit."

Gin kept his signature smile plastered onto his lips while Aizen began directing orders to his men. The fox-like man was extra enthused today by the news. Finally, Aizen's reign would come to its closure as it should have long ago.

And now that long-awaited day had finally arrived.

A sudden crash against the walls of Las Noches jolted me awake. Gin was nowhere to be found as I looked around. How dare he! I put on my uniform vest and shorts with a frustrated sigh. The nerve of that guy to just leave like that. What's going on out there anyways?

"Good morning, kitten~." Gin poked his head out the bathroom door with a toothbrush in his mouth.

My mouth fell agape while I put a hand to the back of my head sheepishly. "Huh? I thought you'd left?" I admitted.

Gin came out of the bathroom with only his trousers tied around his waist with his baby blue sash. His toned chest was visible for me to see, on purpose seemingly. "Leave you behind? Heh, I don't have much of a choice Neko-chan~. Certainly, you'd make quite a fuss over it~." Gin brought his finger below my chin and gently tilted it up. "Am I wrong?" His wide grin never wavered.

I sighed as another blast from outside shook the building's core. "Of course not, you wrong? What a weird thing to say," I mocked him. I put a hand over my mouth and snickered.

Suddenly Gin brought his arms to my back and legs and pulled me off the floor. "Ah, mocking me hmm? How very daring of you Neko-chan~." His face inched closer to mine with that bright grin of his.

"Would you put on your uniform first before you try to tease me?" I asked with a joking eye-roll.

Gin smiled down at me with his eyes just barely open. For a moment I thought I could see something else lingering behind the happiness and love in his blue eyes. Perhaps fear. Gin placed his lips onto mine with his hair tickling my forehead. "Don't be so modest~. Stop acting like you don't like this~," the man pouted.

I gave him a half-lidded gaze with a frown. However, my flustered appearance was enough to satisfy him.

"I'm going to see what all the commotion is about outside," I said after he put me down. "And put on some clothes before you go out," I added with a smile this time.

"Aww, is Neko-chan embarrassed by me? Ah, or does she not want anyone else to be allowed to see me in such a way~."

By the time he was finished talking I had already walked out the door. My face was in my hands from his words, attempting to calm down the growing blush he caused. Dang it Gin. At least he was in a good mood today. Then again you could never really tell but he seemed a bit happier being around me.

I walked out on the balcony of the sunny side of Las Noches with the fake sky blue atmosphere above. Unsurprisingly Grimmjow was battling against Kurosaki Ichigo with a toothy grin. He had already activated his resurrecion and was going at it with Ichigo. Ichigo had a hollow mask on his face. I didn't recall him being a vizard (a soul reaper with hollow powers) but then again I didn't know him all too well. I could hear Shineko's laugh going through my head once again. I couldn't keep it off my mind that Aizen might have done something like that to me too. I propped my elbow on the balcony rim and put my head in my hand. They both gave off strong spiritual pressure. Blasts and slashes shook the ground with force as I continued to watch.