20

Travis

I know I kinda overreacted. I know I shouldn't have said anything. I know, I know, I know. It's fine. I'll give her some space for a few weeks and then...

She's calling me.

I clench my jaw, debating on whether to answer. But I know I don't have a choice.

"I didn't tell you to leave, Travis." She stars.

"Yeah, I know Miss."

"Then turn back around."

I pause. "I don't think I should."

She sighs through the phone dramatically. I can imagine her face. The cute expression she's making. Fuck.

"I don't..."

"Come on, Travis. Be a good boy, okay?" She says softly. "I know I upset you. I'll make it up to you, alright?"

Well shit that set off my praise kink. I curse, turning around.

"This time. Just this time," I swear. "And it's only because I—well because you're very sexy."

She snorts. "Hey can you bring me some wine,"

"Yeah."

"It's a—"

"I know what you drink, Miss. I'll be on my way. But I want to choose what we watch on a Netflix."

"Sure, sure." She sighs. "You stood request more, you know. Tell me you want a blowjob or something."

"Leveraging sexual favors makes me a creep, Miss," I explain with a sigh. "It makes me a creep and it makes me feel like a creep."

• • •

I walk into her house, and she's there, legs spread. She smirks.

"Apology?"

I close her legs, with a sigh, giving her a kiss. "You don't have to apologize with sex, Miss. Here's your wine."

She scoffs, snatching it from me. "Dear god, Travis you don't turn down sex."

"I'm not turning it down," I hand her another glass, "I'm waiting until I don't feel rape-y dickwad for accepting."

Jasmine pours some wine in my glass. "You know I should really fuck your sister, she raised you well."

I scrunch my nose. I sincerely hope...she doesn't fuck my sister. But I don't think she's kidding at this point.

I shrug. Oh well. Won't be the first time my sister and I fucked the same girl.

"Anyway, how about a piercing?" I ask.

"For who?"

I touch her nose. "Your nose is so cute. What about a nose ring? Or septum. Oh it's be so cute."

Jasmine rolls her eyes, putting her feet in my lap. "I told you I'm scared of needles."

I sigh. Maybe I can talk her out of it one day. She'd look so cute with a septum. It should be gold, it'd be like a halo for her nose. She'd look a goddess elf or something.

She closes her eyes, and I rub her feet idly.

"You doing okay, Miss?" I ask.

She nods slowly, sluggishly. "I'm a little drunk."

"Yeah. That's a trend with you. Calling me when you're a little drunk."

She looks over at me. "I'm always a little drunk. Just a little. Helps the time pass by in a Rosé colored haze."

"Where I come from...we call that a problem."

Her lips tug up, as she brings her glass to her lips. "Well...where I come from, we call that adult life. Blurred by alcohol and discontent with the knowledge you settled and you'll never ever be young or happy again."

Well that's depressing. I swallow, keeping her feet in my lap. They're painted yellow, her toes are. I didn't notice that before. Yellow looks good on her.

"Do you ever call when you're sober?"

"I'm never sober."  She says simply.

I take the glass out of her hand, putting it on her coffee table. "Why don't you try? Just one day."

Jasmine doesn't open her eyes, but she's not asleep. She's just contemplating. Maybe ignoring me?

"Why would I do something like that?" Jasmine snorts, taking her legs off my lap, and lays her head there instead.

I smile. She's really pretty. I really like her.

"Because living life drunk isn't living life."

She shrugs. "Living is painful. Drinking is not. Now, kiss."

Sighing, I bend down, kissing her softly. I rub her cheek. "Try not to drink tomorrow, please?"

She ignores my request, pulling me into another kiss. I oblige, holding her wrists as she kisses me. Her lips soft against mine, her tongue intertwining with nine. I taste the wine on her, and it makes me think of what she said.

That she's always drunk.

What does that mean? Does that mean that whatever we have between us isn't real? Or...

"Hey, Travis?"

"Huh?"

"You know the whole being drunk thing?"

"Yeah."

"I like you for you, yknow. Not cause I'm drunk. So...I hope we're still friends. I hope you don't mind." She's says softly.

I do. I do mind. But I just smile, and rub her cheek.

But I do mind.