35

Jasmine

I'm going to work a little later. But right now I'm watching Travis being him. He's so sexy. And sweet.

"Hey, I got orders today," he tells me as he wipes down the kitchen.

I smile, pretending like I'm not checking him out. He's shirtless and doing chores I hate.

"That's great! How many?"

"About 10. Then 5 tomorrow."

His phone rings but he ignores it, letting his head lay fall back, revealing the flower tattoo on his neck.

"I'm so sick of that damn phone, Miss," he checks it, putting it in his pocket.

"Put it do not disturb."

He shrugs. "Anxiety won't let me. What if somethings wrong y'know?"

I nod. "What time is your next appointment?"

He sighs. "3. When will you go to work?"

"I'll do some work from home around the same time. Maybe I can be in the shop with you while I do."

He leans back against the bar, crossing his arms and legs. "That'd be good."

We stay like that for a moment, across the kitchen watching one another.

"What's with that look?" He asks.

"What look?"

He raises a brow, as if to say, you know what I mean.

I purse my lips looking away. "Nothing. Just love you is all."

He smiles softly, narrowing his eyes. "I love you too Miss," he offers his hand, so I get up, taking it.

He puts his arms around me, kissing me gently, tongue slipping into my mouth warm and wet, as his squeezes my ass, lifting me up.

His lips touch my neck; and I wrap my legs around him, letting out a soft moan.

Travis leans in for another a kiss, and I close my eyes in anticipation.

Knock!

We jump glancing at the door. He sighs rubbing the back of his neck. "Damn it." He sets me down, going to the door.

He looks down as I peek behind him.

"Roman? What are you doing here? Where your father?" I ask.

He hands Travis a note. "Uncle tra."

Travis looks over the note quickly bawling it up in his hands.

"What is it?" I ask.

"It's a suicide note." He says softly, picking Roman up.

"Come on in, buddy. You must be freezing." He holds Roman close to his chest. "There, there. Are you hungry?"

I smile watching him with Roman. He'd be a good father, I know that. It looks like we'll be taking Roman in.

A suicide note huh? Did he die or just run away?

"Miss...he's got no one. And Wes—"

I smile. "He's my favorite boy in the world. Go get his room ready, I'll hold him."

Travis smiles in appreciation, kissing my head. He sets Roman and my arms and I turn on Netflix for him.

We watch little Einstein's, his arms around me. Poor child.

"Do you know," I wonder aloud, "About your father and mother?"

He looks to at me. "Mama?"

I sigh. "Yeah. Your mom was awesome. She told me to take care of you, my favorite nephew." I ruffle his hair.

"Hey you want some juice?"

He claps laughing. "Juice! Juice! I want juice!"

I carry him to the kitchen taking out the Apple juice I keep here for him. He drinks it in my lap, kicking his little feet.

"It's good," he grins. "Apple juice! Apple juice, Miss!"

I tickle under his chin. "You got that from your uncle calling me that, huh. What a smart baby!"

I tickle him gently. "You want to stay with us, don't you? You can stay as long as you want cutie."

He laughs, making my heart fill with joy. Hey...laughing kids is better than booze. Almost.

"I'm gonna buy you a little suit," I pull my phone out scrolling through Amazon. "What do you think," I show him the picture.

He looks down from little Einstein's, shaking his head. "Uh-huh. No. Don't like it."

I sigh. "Why not? It's cute and look at the little bow tie."

He just shakes his head. I pause. I guess there nothing quite like a child you've lost. I find myself thinking about him more and more.

Angel. I wonder if I'll dream of him tonight.

I poke Roman. "Fine. No bow tie. But I'll still buy it, because I simply cannot help myself."

"Buy what?" Travis asks, picking Roman up. I show him my phone.

"Oh that is absolutely adorable."

"Isn't it! It's on prime I could get it tomorrow and take pictures!"

Travis grins sitting next to me. "Are you really okay with this?"

"With what?"

"It looks like I'll be Roman's legal guardian—"

"We'll take care of him." I assure him. "Everything will be fine." I