24

Travis

"I...hate this." I groan, as Wes winces taking the needle in her arm.

"What can ya do? She needs help. Maybe it'll move her to do it."

"Or maybe she'll keep drinking but also hates me!" He complained. "This is terrible. I'm just gonna back and tell her I was on crack and made a mistake." I get up, starting to pace.

My sister's thing is her hair. Mine, is paving. And tattoos. And piercing. Actually, mostly just hurting myself. Heh.

"Why would I give her an ultimatum like that? I'm not her father! I—she's gonna hate me, Wes!"

She sighs, looking up at me. "What's done is done. Okay? Give her some time. She knows ya, y'know? She's not gonna assume you're being asshole. She's smart, and sweet snd she likes you."

She likes me? She likes me. I like her. I should go see her—

"Sit down! You're right. She's an alcoholic she needs help." Wes winces.

"Does it hurt?"

She brushes her hair down. "No."

It does. I sigh, holding her hand. She takes it quietly. It must really hurt. I need to focus on my sister. I—

"You were wrong," I mention, hoping to put her at ease. "She said it was free. It's free."

Wes chuckles. "You're been worse at lying than she is. Now, keep me occupied what's going on with your shop?"

I sigh. "It's...I'm thinking of selling it."

"What?"

"I need the money, and the shop isn't bringing in the income it used to. It's barely covering the bills the shop generates I'm losing money."

"Why not get a loan?"

"A loan for what? And with what?"

"Advertising maybe? Maybe a new location. What about marketing?"

I sigh. "I'll think about it."

Wes pats my hand.

"Hey..." I whisper, "You're gonna be okay, yknow? Don't worry about us."

My sister sighs. "Go on. I'll call you to pick me up."

Damon walks in, making me frown.

"What are you doing here, Damon?" I ask.

Wes pushes her hair back, narrowing her eyes. "I told you not to come here. Travis is here."

I'm here? So they see each other when I'm not here?

What's that about?

"Uh...didn't realize you two knew each other so...intimately," I ask.

Damon glares at her. "Well we do. Very intimately."

Ew. I don't like the way that sounds.

"What you... you...watch football together?" I suggest.

"Sorta. But instead of football, I'm Roman's father and she just...never told me."

Wait. If he's Roman's father than that means they—

"You fucked my sister?!" I screech.

He looks away. "Oh...uh...yikes."

"You fucked my sister?! She's practically my mom—you basically fucked my mom! You realize we can't be friends anymore right?!"

He purses his lips. "Geez, kid. It was...I'm sorry okay. I didn't tell you cause I knew you'd flip the fuck out. She's not your mom. She's your sister. I didn't think it was that weird."