I10I

☆Lauren☆

After our...let's say heated basketball game, we go our separate ways. "Oooo girl, I feel the sexual tension," Tana draws out. "Oh my god Tana, you did not just say that," I playfully slap her arm. "I have eyes ya know. And these eyes saw the way he was looking at you like he would take you right then and there and you looked like you would let him," she giggled.

I groan, burying my face in my palms. "Lolo!" Owen yells from the pool and Tana and I walk up to him. "Want to play?" he asks, pointing at the table. "Sure," I shrug my shoulders and peel of the shirt. I dip into the pool while Tana sits on the ledge putting her feet in the water.

Thankfully the pool is warmer now and not freezing cold like before. "Who's shirt is that?" Evan asks. Shit...

"Uhhh I found it?" I say awkwardly. I look over to Nick who's on the other side of the table with a sly smirk on his face. "You're acting weird," Owen states. "No I'm not," I quickly say and I hear Nick laugh in the background. Asshole...

"Ok me and you are partners and we are playing against them," Owen says pointing to two random basketball players. I nod my head in response. "Do you know how to play BP?" he asks.

Hmmm let's have some fun shall we?

"No," I say innocently while Owen quirks an eyebrow. "Ok the goal of the game is to put this ball into those cups," he explains pointing at the cups across the table from us. "Ok sounds good," I smile. A few people gather around the table to watch the game.

The other guys start and they both miss. Owen takes his ball and shoots it into the cup but he misses. "Come on Owen you're better than that!" Evan yells and Owen flips him off. "Alright Lolo you got this! Just aim for the cups," Owen hypes me up.

I line my arm up and flick my wrist throwing the ball at the cup. It lands perfectly with a splash. It falls silent. "Like that?" I fake ask. "Hell ya! That's what I'm talking about!" Owen cheers ruffling my hair.

After throwing the ball back and forward, Owen and I are winning. "You sure you haven't played this game before," the guy across from me asks. "No," I frown. Ahhh this is too funny. Owen throws the ball and it lands in the cup. "Alright baby sis, this is the last cup, you get it in and you guys win," Evan says shaking my shoulders.

Once again I align my arm and throw the ball. It lands in the cup and everyone cheers while the other guys groan. They still have redemption left so we wait till they're done. They both miss making Owen and I the winners.

Owen pulls me into a hug and our side jumps up and down cheering splashing in the water. "Oh come on! How can she be that good without playing once? She never missed one cup!" the guys exclaims. "She's played before," Nick says crossing his arms, smirking at me.

Everyone turns to look at me and I let out a giggle and do a little curtsy. "You lied!" the guy shouts. "Damn your sister really just played us," the guy's partner says. "That's it, you're now my favorite sibling," Evan says lifting me up onto his shoulder. "I'm not even gonna take offense to that," Owen says and we all laugh. Evan throws me off his shoulder into the water and the guys climb out.

I swim over to the build in bench in the water and take a seat. I swirl my arms around the water enjoying the way it feels against my skin. I look over to see that Nick took the seat right next to me. We are sitting so close that our arms are touching.

"So what other magic tricks do you have up your sleeve?" he scoofs. "A great magician never reveals his secrets," I grin at him and he laughs. A smile forms on his lips and I feel butterflies in my stomach. He's got a nice smile...

"You got a-" he says leaning in, bringing his hand to my face. He moves a hair out of my face, wrapping it behind my hair. His hand lingers traveling down on my long sandy blonde hair. I can feel my cheeks heat up. "I'll see you inside?" he asks softly. Not trusting my voice, I just slowly nod. He smiles and climbs out of the pool.

Once he walks away I sigh leaning down in my seat and submerge myself in the water. I get out of the water and head inside the house to change. I walk into my bathroom and turn on the water to take a quick shower to wash the chlorine out of my hair. One of the perks for hosting.

I walk into the shower and let the warm water roll down my skin. What is happening with me? He's Nick Carver, my family's arch rivals. So why does he make me speechless. I let out a frustrated groan and turned the water off after washing my hair.

I put some wavy hair product in and let it air dry. I dry myself off with a towel and change into a two piece outfit.

 I dry myself off with a towel and change into a two piece outfit

The white brings out my freshly sunkissed skin. After getting ready I make my way downstairs and walk into the pool house. Everyone has a drink in their hands dancing around the room.

Tana snatches my wrist and pulls me down on the couch with her and hands me my favorite seltzer. "Thanks!" I smile. "Cheers!" she grins and we clash our cans together. We sit back and observe the party. My eyes land on Emma who is flirting shamelessly with a group of guys. "She's an animal," Tana scoofs following my gaze and I agree. 

Body by Megan Thee Stallion turns on and all the girls squeal. Every girl here starts leaning over shaking their asses. Tana stands behind me and she pretends to be throwing fake money at me.

The guys just stand there frozen with their mouths wide open. We switch positions so now she's shaking her ass and I'm throwing pretend money. The song ends and the boys give us a round of applause. Tana and I laugh hugging each other.

I feel my phone buzzing in my pocket and I pull it out to see that Liam is calling me.

Shit...

"Liams calling!" I run up to Owen and Evan and their eyes widen. I spot Grayson in the back. "Grayson!" I shout over the loud music. He looks up at me and I show him my phone. He scrambles shoving his way through the crowd and we all run out of the pool house and onto the back porch.

I click and answer and we wait. "Hello?" Liam says. "Brother! How's it going?" Evan shouts into the phone. "Lauren?" Liam says. "Yes?" I responde. "Owen?" he says. "Here," Owen respondes. "Grayson?" he asks. "Present," Grayson responds.

"Just checking to see that you're all there. So what are you guys up to?" Liam asks. "We are watching a movie," Grayson respondes. "What movie?" he asks us. "The Notebook," Evan blurts out and we all glare at him. "I've never seen that movie before" Owen mouths glaring at Evan and Grayson agrees with him.

"The Notebook?" he says surprised. "Uhh ya, Lauren wanted to watch it," Owen respondes. "What scene are you guys watching right now then?" Liam asks skeptically. They all look to me to responde.

"Uhh Noah and Allie are kissing in the rain," I say and the guys look disgusted. "Ya it's truly a heartwarming moment so we must go," Evan says. "Very well, see you all Sunday night," Liam says. "Bye!" we all say in unison and I hang up the phone. We all sigh with relief.

"The fucking Notebook?" Grayson says, slapping the back of Evan's head. "I'm sorry it's the first thing that popped up in my head," he groans, rubbing the back of his head. We roll our eyes and head back to the pool house.

✦Nick✦

The plan is working perfectly just like dad said. Lure Lauren in with my charm and watch her and her family crash and burn.

They have no idea what we have planned...