I28I

Lauren

When Nick dropped me off from our 'date' I honestly felt over the moon. I was in love with that penthouse. I'm so happy we figured things out and started over. That is exactly what we needed to get through this.

My brothers hounded me with questions and I was honest with them. They are still skeptical of Nick since they've been rivals for so long but I can tell they are trying in their own way to be accepting of the whole situation. Grayson will be harder to convince since it seems their rivalry runs deeper.

I'm currently with Tara heading towards my locker. After we have lacrosse practice. We have a huge tournament this weekend that we've been preparing for. Luckily our school is hosting the tournament so we don't have to travel anywhere.

I put in my combo to open my locker when a sticky note falls out. "Oh boy another one? That boy sure does like you," Tara teases. I pick up the note with a big smile on my face. Ever since Nick and I's 'date' he's been sending me notes. I would find them in my textbooks, lockers you name it.

Today's notes says, "You're my favorite girl" with a small red heart. Have to admit it's getting to the point where I'm looking forward to these notes. They are super sweet and always put a smile on my face. I have a basket on my locker shelf filled with them. I'm thinking of putting them together and getting it framed, but that might be too much...

I grab my books and Tara and I head to practice. Coach has been working us so hard which was expected. Tara and I run through all the warm ups with the team since we're captains. The team sure is shaping up and I believe we have a good chance winning the tournament.

Tonight Tara and I are going to see Nick's basketball game and to say I'm nervous is an understatement. Things have been going so well with us. I feel like this is the next big step even though it's just a simple basketball game. I heard how good he is and can't wait to see him play.

After our draining practice we head to Tara's house to get ready for the game. When I told Nick that I would be going to the game he almost knocked me down to the ground as he kissed the bejesus out of me. Guess I should go to more games then:)

He even gave me his away jersey to wear since he'll be wearing his home games jersey. It's so big on me, it looks like a dress as I wear it with my jean shorts. I tuck the front of it in so it doesn't look like I'm naked underneath.

He also invited us to a party his teammate is hosting afterwards and Tara was more than thrilled when she learned about the news. We're now off to the game and Tara is going on and on about some guy on the team and can't wait to see him at the party.

Once we get there, we show our student ID's and head into the gym. It's super packed but we managed to find seats near the front in the student section. Lacrosse fans and Basketball fans are a complete different species. First off there's way more fans here and they are way more energetic. Everyone's wearing our school colors red and white and a ton of students have posters. The boys in the front row and the other teams' fans are playfully fighting with each other like chanting "Daddy's money!" and we respond with "You will work for us!" and it's honestly really fun. I don't know why I haven't came here sooner.

Both teams are going through their warm ups and I immediately spot out Nick. He's wearing his white shorts and long sleeve shooting shirt and looks super hot. He runs up and the ball is passed to him and he shoots a 3 that falls through the hoop effortlessly. He then jogs to the end of the line. He turns around to the fans like he's looking for someone and his eyes land on mine. I smile and wave at him and he gives me a nod and a wink before catching the ball. I feel my cheeks grow warm. Tara nudges my arm and we both laugh.

"Oh my gosh did you see that! Nick winked at me!" a girl in front of us gushes causing me to frown. "Um excuse me he was actually winking at my friend," Tara says tapping on the girl's shoulder. She turns around and glares at us. She then looks me up and down giving me a dirty look. "You actually brought his jersey? Talk about being desperate," she scoofs turning to her friends and laughs. Is this girl serious?

"He gave it to her actually. Did he give you one? Nope," Tara says in a fake nice voice. "Why would he give it to you," she says with disgust. "I don't know maybe because we're engaged," I smirk at her and her facial expression drops. She then turns around and Tara starts laughing. "These girls are crazy," she whispers in my ear and we both laugh. She's definitely right about that.

The buzzer goes off announcing the start of the game. Everyone stands up when our team wins the tip off. I did not realize how physical basketball was till now. The guys literally throw elbows into each other's face or shove each other. I gasp everytime Nick gets hit but he acts like it doesn't faze him. His reputation precedes him because he's the highest scorer with 26 points with one minute left in the game.

The buzzer goes off and the fans go wild. Everyone is jumping up and down cheering our team on. Tara and I hug each other squealing excitedly. We head to meet the guys outside of their locker room and looks like other girls are too. Not that I mind....

The second I see Nick walk out I immediately take off. He sees me and smiles as I jump into his arms spinning me around. "Are you ok?" I grab his arms as I slide down. "Why wouldn't I be ok?" he slides his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to his body. "That was so physical! I was worried you'd get hurt!" I exclaim. "You're so cute. I'm fine," he chuckles and then places a warm kiss on my lips.

"Yo dude is this your girl?" his teammate says interrupting us. He pulls away and wraps his arm around my shoulder. "My fiance, yes," he grins down at me and my heart flutters when I see his gorgeous dimples.

"Jesus Lauren, you just took off without saying anything!" Tara runs up sounding out of breath. I glance at Nick who's smirking at me and I blush. "Oh now I know why," she evily grins at Nick and I. "Sorry," I say sheepishly and she rolls her eyes.

"Ok we're gonna head home to shower and then we'll meet you guys at the party," Nick says. "Ok see you there," I smile. I plant a quick kiss on his lips. He tries to pull me in extending the kiss but I quickly pull back and run away giggling. I glanced over my shoulder to see him with his arms crossed smiling and shaking his head.

Time to party!