I29I

☆Lauren☆

"Holy shit..." Tara gawks as we walk into the party. This place is packed. I don't think I've ever seen more teenegers in one place than I do right now. Pretty sure everyone that was at the game is here and then some more.

Tara and I shimmey our way through the crowd to find the kitchen. A torturous 5 minutes later, we finally make it to the kitchen and get ourselves some drinks. Of course I get my favorite raspberry seltzer and Tara grabs a beer.

Beers nasty . I don't know how people can drink that stuff.

We sit on the counter since there's literally no where to stand without getting smushed. And quite frankly, I don't want people to be rubbing their sweaty BO bodies on me. No thanks...

I perk up when I receive a text from Nick saying that he's here. I text him back telling him that I'm in the kitchen.

Not even a minute later the whole party erupts in cheers as the basketball team saunters through the kitchen. And holy guacamole does Nick look good...

He's wearing grey athletic shorts, a black long sleeve that fits heavenly around his arms, a white baseball cap that sits backwards on his head and to top it all off, a shiny silver cross sits on his neck.

Whoo Baby...

The team is immediately swarmed as everyone congratulates them on the big win. Especially Nick since he was the highest scorer. We just sit there waiting because I know I'll never be able to make my way through to the crowd to get to him.

I see his head pop up looking around and his eyes land on mine. A smile forms on his lips and like Moses parting the red sea, everyone steps away as he makes his way to me. Wow that sounded really religious and I'm the farthest thing from it.

I swear my heart beats a little faster as he comes closer.

"Ahh there she is," he smiles, stepping in between my legs, placing his hands on either side of me on the counter. "Hi," I smile back. He leans forward and plants a soft kiss on my lips. Ya I don't think I'll ever get used to the feeling of butterflies in my stomach. I feel my cheeks blushing like crazy. You would think it would have settled down by now but nooo, I'm sitting here looking like a bright tomato.

He chuckles and tucks a piece of hair behind my ear. "Did I ever tell you how great you look in my jersey," he plays with the edge of the jersey and I tilt my head back laughing. Of course he does.

"You killed it out there my basketball superstar," I smile, draping my arms around his shoulders. "Mmm I like the sound of that," he smirks, stepping closer and placing his hands on my hips. "The sound of what?" I ask. "Your basketball superstar," he smirks. I lean forward and quickly give him a peck on the lips. I just can't resist that smile with those cute dimples.

He turns around and leans into the counter with his back to my chest. I wrap my arms around him and rest my chin on his shoulder. He rests his hands on my thigh and lets out a content sigh. I get a whiff of his cologne and almost melt. I think I could stay like this forever.

He grabs my drink out of my hand and takes a sip. I love how he doesn't care he's drinking a 'girl drink' as some call it. I hate how guys won't drink fruity drinks because apparently they're "too girly" whatever that means. But no Nick. Honestly he just seems perfect to me if that's even possible.

I laugh at the situation we were in a month ago. I really hated him then. And look at me now. Clinging onto him like a freaking koala bear.

"You ok?" he smiles turning his head to me, commenting on my laughter. "I'm great," I give a big smooch on his cheek and he gives my thighs a squeeze. I laugh again when I see he now has a glittery pale pink kiss mark on his cheek. Am I gonna wipe it off? Nope. Hehe.

As everyone is talking amongst each other I see a boy chatting Tara up. It must be the one she was excited to see tonight. "Hey who's the guy talking to Tara?" I whisper in Nick's ear. "Oh that's James, he's on the team with me," he explains. "Is he nice?" I ask. "Ya, he's a pretty stand up guy, you got nothing to worry about," he gives my leg a reassuring pat.

We both look over at them and they seem to be really hitting it off. By the way she's laughing and blushing, I can just tell she really likes him. Tara looks over and her eyes widen as she slides off the counter and runs right up to us. James looks after her with a confused expression. Poor guy. He should probably get used to Tara's weirdness. It's one of the things I love most about her.

"Bathroom!" She squeals and doesn't wait for my response as she rushes off to what I assume is the bathroom. I pat Nick's shoulder to move and he turns around and cages me in. "Where are you going?" he frowns. "You heard Tara," I tell him trying to slide off the counter but he steps closer preventing me from doing so. Ugh this boy...

"You have to go to the bathroom?" He questions. "No." I shake my head. "Then why are you going?" His eyebrows furrow. "Cause Tarra's in there," I tell him in a 'duh' tone. What does he not get?

"Hold up you're telling me that you don't have to go to the bathroom but you're gonna go anyways just because Tara's in there?" He asks. "Yep!" I smile at him. "Why?" he says with a confused look on his face. "That's just what girls do." I shrug my shoulders.

"But-" I cut him off as I grip his shirt and pull his lips to mine. He seems stunned at first but then starts moving his lips against mine. I take this opportunity while he's distracted and quickly slide off the counter.

As I run away he slaps my ass and I gasp freezing in place. I turn around to find him with his arms crossed, smirking at me. I just shake my head rolling my eyes at him trying to hide a smile. I can't even stay mad at him when he looks like that...

I finally find the bathroom and the door swings open. A frantic looking Tara grabs my arm, pulling me in as she shuts the door behind us.

"Ok what is going on with you?" I ask her. She places her intertwined hands on her head and paces back and forth. "I like him," she stops in place and says. "That's great!" I clap my hands but she doesn't look too happy. "What's wrong?" I ask her. Shouldn't she be happy?

"I've never liked a boy like this before. I feel all...giddy." She says with a disgusted look on her face. I start laughing and she groans out complaining. "Lauren..." she playfully punches my arm.

"Ok ok, Tara you have nothing to worry about. Any guy would be lucky to be with a gal like you. Just be yourself because clearly he likes you," I explain, poking her sides and a smile forms on her face. "You think!?" She asks with her voice sounding 10 levels higher. "Totally," I tell her. She brings me in for a hug and starts jumping up and down squealing. I love this girl.

"Ok let's get back in there," she laughs pulling me out of the bathroom and back into the party. We make our way through the crowd and I come face to face with someone's hard ass back.

"Oh I'm so sor-" I'm cut off when the guy turns around. In front of me stands a pissed off looking Grayson. What is he doing here?

This can't be good...