I16I

Lauren

I'm awoken from my slumber due to someone poking my cheek.

I crack open my eyes and I'm greeted with a grinning Evan laying next to me. I'm startled at first but then remember we all watched a movie last night. We must've fallen asleep. I look to my other side and see Grayson and Owen laying down as well on their phones.

"Oh my god finally you're awake. You're the heaviest sleeper I've ever met. Evan screamed his lungs out when he saw a baby spider crawl up the wall and you didn't even move!" Owen exclaims.

"What can I say? I enjoy my sleep," I shrug my shoulders.

"So....About last night," I comment and the boys groan. I sit up and rest my back on my headboard while the guys lay sprawled over my bed.

"You guys own a fighting ring?" I flat out say. There is a moment of silence and they all eye each other.

"Yes," Grayson says breaking the silence. "Why? And does Liam and Henry know?" I ask them. Grayson joins me in resting his back against the headboard next to me.

"We use it to release our anger or settle beef with others. Like you saw with Matt Ambrose and I. And yes Liam and Henry know about. In fact Henry started it. He's a literal beast in that ring," Grayson explains and my mouth is agape.

"Oh my god! Remember when he took out that massive guy with the snake tattoo on his neck!?" Evan shouts. "Ya! That was freakin sick!" Owen exclaims.

"Wow would've never picked Henry as the fighting type," I say stunned. "Oh and by the way keep this on the DL because not many people are allowed to come or even know about it," Owen states and I nod.

"You can never go by yourself. We don't allow girls in because it's dangerous and the guys are sleezes. So one of us must always be with you. Got it?" Grayson eyes me sternly.

"Aye aye captain," I grin saluting him and Owen and Evan laugh. "I swear you three are all the same. Annoying as fuck," he chuckles and I jump on top of him shooving a pillow in his face. Owen and Evan join and the next thing you know we are all tackling and throwing pillows at each other. I can't stop laughing when I see how aggressive they are getting with each other.

Wouldn't expect anything else...

My bedroom door swings open. "What the fuck!?" Henry exclaims as him and Liam walk into my room. Evan and I freeze holding the pillows we were just about to hit each other with. And Grayson releases the pillow that was suffocating Owen.

"Language!" Evan fake gasps and I smack the pillow in his face. "What's going on here?" Liam asks looking at all of us. "Isn't it obvious?" Owen sasses.

"We had a sleepover!" Evan says in a girly voice and I can't help but laugh. A small smile cracks on Liam's lips and honestly I'm stunned. I never thought he was capable of doing it. He should really smile more. It looks good on him.

"Very well then. I have something to discuss with you all at breakfast, so come down soon," and with that Liam walks out.

"So Henry..." I mischievously grin. "Yes?" he looks at me weirdly. "I heard you're quite the fighter," I grin.

All of them snap their heads to me with wide eyes and Henry looks angry.

Oh shit.

Was I not supposed to say anything?

"You told her!?" Henry shouts. My eyes widen due to never hearing him raise his voice. "Don't be mad at them. I followed them there. They didn't tell me anything until they saw me there," I quickly explained.

"Lauren you shouldn't have done that. Especially walking there in your boot, it's not good for your ankle," he explains and I nod.

"So when can I see you fight!" I exclaim. He shakes his head with a smile on his lips. "Not sure but you know you can't-"

"Show up alone, yes I know. I always have to be with one of you guys. They already gave me the rundown," I explain cutting off Henry.

"I'm thinking of fighting next week. What do you guys think?" he asks. "Hell yes!" the boys cheer and I smile and nod. "Alright it's settled then. Now let's go downstairs for breakfast we need to talk to you guys," he says.

We all climb out of bed and follow Henry downstairs. We all take a seat at the table and it's dead silent.

We're looking at Liam waiting for him to say something. He clears his throat. "So I've been informed that we have been invited to a party that the Carver's are hosting at the end of this month," Liam says.

"The fuck?"

"What the hell?"

"You're shitting me."

The boys say in unison. "Language!" Henry exclaims. "You're one to talk," Evan scoofs and Henry glares at him.

"Is this uncommon for them to do?" I ask. Liam directs his attention to me. "It is. We have never been invited to a party or event of theirs and they have never been invited to ours," Liam explains.

"So why now?" Owen asks.

"Not sure. Roger personally invited us and said he's excited to meet Lauren," Liam says warily. Everyone turns to look at me and I shrink in my seat.

"What's his obsession with her!?" Grayson exclaims. "I don't know, but we'll find out soon," Liam sighs.

What does Roger Carver want with me?

"Are we seriously going to this party?" Owen asks. The table falls silent and we look between Liam and Henry.

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer," Liam says and shivers run down my spine.

I don't have a good feeling about this. Call it my sixth sense but something doesn't sit right about this whole situation.

After breakfast I go to my room to finish up homework for school tomorrow. My phone dings and I pick up to see who texted me and my heart stops.

Nick...

Nick: Did you hear the news?

Me: About the party? Yes I did.

Nick: Can't wait to see you there:)

I feel the butterflies in my stomach as I read his text. I groan burying my face in the palm of my hands.

I honestly have no clue what's going on between us. Or if there is even an 'us'. He makes me feel things that I don't even understand. Ugh! He's messing with my head!

Does his recent attention have anything to do with his father wanting to meet me?