I21I

Lauren

The car ride, well limo ride is dead silent. Liam is fuming in his seat. His fists are clenched and a big vein is popping out of his forehead.

I don't know what Roger could've said to piss him off this much. I'm afraid to ask and look at my brothers. It seems like they are feeling the same way.

We finally arrive home and Liam storms to his room and slams the door closed without a word. Deciding to call it a night we all retreat to our rooms.

I change into sweatpants and a sweatshirt when I hear a knock at my door. I open it and Grayson, Owen and Evan are all standing there.

Evan pulls a bag out with two joints in it. "Wanna join?" he asks in a whisper. A big smile forms on my lips. Exactly what I need right now. What we all need right now.

I nod and close the door behind me. We head outside and sit behind the pool house against the wall. Evan lights it up and takes a long drag.

"Well that was fucking stressful," he says and passes it to me but Grayson snatches it out of my hands. "Ya no shit," he blows out a puff of smoke then finally passes it to me.

"What do you think they were talking about?" I ask and then pass it to Owen. No one says a word. "It was about me, wasn't it?" I say.

"Liam won't let anything happen to you Lauren, you have nothing to worry about," Grayson tries to assure me but I'm feeling anything but assured.

We stay silent and pass the joint around enjoying eachothers company. We freeze when we hear a door close. No one makes a sound.

"Busted," Henry laughs as him and Liam and him walk to stand in front of us. The four of our mouths hit the ground. Oh no, Liam is going to ground us for life.

I noticed they changed into sweats as well. This is the first time I'm seeing them not wearing a suit. They look normal...

Liam holds his hand out. Evan sighs and places the joint in his hand. What surprises us next is when Liam takes a hella long drag. We all gawk at him, even Henry gawks.

"Now that's what I'm talking about," Evan claps. "Shut the fuck up Evan," Liam says and we all start laughing.

Henry and Liam sit down in front of us and Liam passes the joint to Henry. I can't believe this is happening. The six of us hiding behind our pool house smoking weed.

We are all laughing and telling jokes. It's nice...

No one talks about what happened tonight and no one brings it up.

I'm so glad to have found them. To think that my life would look completely different if this never happened is crazy.

If someone would've said that I have five brothers that live in a mansion in California I would've thought they lost their mind. But here I am In a mansion in California with my five brothers. And I have never been more thankful for it than anything.

After we smoke two joints we head to our rooms for bed. I'm high out of my mind and sleep like a rock. The perks of weed.

I'm woken up to shouting downstairs and the sun blinding me. Ugh I forgot to close my blinds. I reach for my phone and my eyes widen. It's twelve o'clock. I've never slept in this late. I check for messages hoping to see one from Nick explaining what happened last night and find nothing.

I can't help but feel disappointed. He looked miserable the whole time at the dinner party. But why? He says that he cares for me no matter what happens. But what does that even mean? Is something going to happen? Did his family do something to mine?

"How could you let this happen!?" someone roars.

That causes me to sit straight up in my bed. Who's fighting? And why do they have to yell so loud? I groan and rub my temples. I take my cup of water from my nightstand and gulp it down.

Ew, I feel disgusting. I'm never smoking that much weed again. Would I have stopped smoking sooner last night if I knew I'd feel like this? Definitely not.

I feel like that brought us all closer. We were all happy and stress free for once. It was relaxing. It was also a sight to see uptight Liam high. He couldn't stop laughing. It was the funniest thing I've ever seen.

And apparently Henry is a comedian when he's high because everything that came out of his mouth I was rolling on the ground laughing.

We all in the end ended up laying on the ground in a circle with our heads touching. Pretty sure Evan fell asleep but no one woke him.

I climb out of bed and brush my teeth. I change into running shorts and a sports tank top for a run. Hoping that it will somehow make me feel less groggy.

"How can he do this to her! She's only 17!"

This causes me to freeze. They're talking about me. I slowly tiptoe down the stairs and linger at the bottom trying to hear what they are saying.

"Mom literally took her away to avoid this exact situation! It was all for nothing!"

I swing around the corner and barge into the room. All my brothers are in the family room. Liam and Henry are sitting down and Owen, Evan and Grayson are standing up pacing around the room. They see me and the room falls silent.

"What's going on?" I nervously ask.

"Come sit down Lauren," Liam pats the spot next to him on the couch. I slowly walk over and sit down next to him. Everyone looks furious. Ok now I'm scared.

"Lauren there's something you should know," he says painfully. I look up to my brothers and they all take a seat on the couch in front of us. Owen looks sad, Grayson is bouncing his knee while grinding his teeth and Evan is staring at the ground like he despises it more than anything.

"You guys are scaring me? Is this about last night?" I ask fidgeting in my seat. Liam and Henry nod.

"Last night I found out Dad had a business arrangement with Mr. Carver before he died," Liam says.

"Ok and? What does this have to do with me?" I ask confused.

"Dad promised his first born daughter to Mr. Carver's first born son to merge our businesses. The contract was broken when mom took you away. But well, now that you're back... The contract is back in motion and there's nothing I can do to stop it," he gulps.

I spring up from my seat and pace back and forward. "Lolo say something," Owen says worriedly.

I stop and face my brothers.

"I'm arranged to marry Nick Carver?" I ask.

They all nod.

And that's when everything turns black.