I18I

☆Lauren☆

The day has finally come...

I get to take off the son of a bitch! Have to say my boot and I had some good memories together. Like when I kicked that Greenville girl in the stomach and sent her flying.

Ahh...good times.

But now this means I get to return to Lacrosse!

But that also means Nick doesn't have to help me carry my backpack from class to class...

I don't really know what to feel about that. Maybe it'll be a good thing?

After the whole Janitor's closet fiasco we found out that the lockdown was just a drill. We quickly left without saying another word to each other and I haven't seen or talked to him sense.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't think about that kiss we shared because I do. More than I should.

There's so many things that could go wrong if anyone found out. Still have to figure out what the Carvers have planned for my family and me specifically me. Does this have anything to do with that? Is that the only reason he's hanging around me is because of my family?

Ugh! This whole situation is so stressful!

Thank god I'm going out tonight. Apparently Tana's parents are no longer going out of town for the weekend so the boys offered to host the party at the rundown bar they own that sits on top of the fighting ring. As long as the door to the basement stays locked it should be fine.

I head to my room and change into my outfit for the party.

I pull my hair into a mid ponytail and pull some pieces down to frame my face

I pull my hair into a mid ponytail and pull some pieces down to frame my face. I apply light makeup and put on a pair of sandals since I'm not allowed to wear heels after just getting my boot off. Not that I want to wear those death traps anyways.

"Lauren let's go! It's a party now a fashion show. Hurry up!" my lovely brother Grayson yells from down stairs.

I unplug my phone from the charger and head down stairs. "Well you guys clean up nicely," I gush at them.

They are wearing jeans and fitted shirts on top. "You as well baby sis," Evan smiles holding his arm out for me to take.

I take his arm and the four of us walk out. "Must I remind you, we are the same age?" I say as we walk down the sidewalk.

"And must I remind you that I was born first?" he smirks down at me and I roll my eyes.

"So what exactly do we have to set up?" I ask them. "We just have to lock the basement door and get all the alcohol out," Grayson respondes.

We approach the bar and Grayson pulls out a key and unlocks the doors. We walked in and not sure how I didn't notice it last time I was here, but the place is very run down and everything seems really dark.

"Does anyone even eat or drink here?" I ask walking around. "No we don't actually use this floor. We just bought the place to use the basement," Owen shrugs.

"Why don't you fix up the place? It could bring in some money," I state. The place may look like a dump but it has potential...

"We just never found the need to fix it up," Evan explains and I nod. "Help me get some of the cases of beer before everyone arrives," Grayson asks and I follow him.

Right as we turned the corner I expected that we would go down to the basement but Grayson kept walking forward.

Huh?

He turns another corner and opens a door that shows a staircase leading up to another floor. My eyes widen. I did not know there was another whole floor to this place.

"What's up here?" I ask. "Not much really. We just keep the extra cases of alcohol up here," he responds.

We walk up and all I see is four white walls, a small window overlooking the street and stacks of alcohol laying around.

My mind is running. There's so much I could do to make this place enjoyable. Maybe I could talk to Liam and Henry about fixing up the place?

We grab a couple cases of alcohol and head downstairs and place them in the coolers. Owen sets up the speaker system and plays music while Evan greets everyone walking in.

I see Tana walk in and she runs right over to me and engulfs me in a hug. "Eeeeek! Girl you look H-O-T HOT!" she squeals. "As do you babe!" I squeal back at her.

"Oh my gosh you got your boot off!" She exclaims, looking down and my foot. "I did! And the doctor said I could return to practice next week!" I cheer.

"Oh thank the lord! It's exhausting being a team captain all by myself. I desperately need you," she says and we both laugh.

"Excuse me?" A boy says interrupting our convo. I look at Tana and her face is all red.

Ooooo what do we have here?

"Do you mind if I steal Tana for a dance?" he asks me. My eyes widen. "No not at all! Please do," I exclaim. He smiled at me while grabbing Tana's hand and pulling her to the dance floor. She gives me an apologetic look for leaving me but I wave her off.

I'm just now realizing what a bad friend I have been recently. I've been too focused on my family and Nick drama, I don't even know the freaking boy that just asked my best friend to dance and clearly she likes him given her reaction. I have to make more of an effort to spend time with her.

"Wow somebody got ditched," I turn to my right and see a smiling Nick standing next to me. And boy does that smile make my knees wobble. "I wasn't ditched, I just didn't feel like dancing," I shrug my shoulders.

"Mmmhmm," he shakes his head, not agreeing with me. "Hey! Don't Mmmhmm me!" I playfully swat his arm and he laughs.

He pulls out a chair at the bar for me to sit in and he takes the seat next to mine. Our seats are so close together that our knees are touching. There's just something about his touch that makes my cheeks turn red and goosebumps form all over my skin.

He pulls out a black cherry seltzer and hands it to me. I freeze staring at the can in my hands.

My favorite...How does he know that?

I look up to him and a grin forms on his lips. "What can I say? I pay attention," he says taking a sip out of his beer. Well damn if that doesn't make my heart beat faster...

"Thank you," I say with a big smile on my lips. "Of course," he says wrapping a piece of hair behind my ear. I'm internally screaming and jumping up and down right now.

"Lolo!" someone calls out. Fuck, only one person calls me that...

I look around and find my brothers staring us down. My stomach drops. Grayson nods his head for me to walk over to them. I slowly look back to Nick. He sheepishly scratches the back of his neck and stands up. He gives me a small smile and walks away.

I turn to look at my brothers and they are glaring after him.

Shit, shit, shit!

I stand up from the stool and make my way towards them. They look like angry giants as they look down at me and I just want to crawl away.

"What the fuck was that?" Grayson sneers.

What now....