|38|

Lauren

"Hi Harold," I smile, greeting our doorman. "Good evening Ms Brooks and Mr Carver," he greets back. Nick clicks the up button as we wait for the elevator.

I don't think I've ever been more tired than I am right now. Tonight was truly exhausting. So much has happened in such short time, I can't even comprehend it.

We finally make it up to our room and I immediately take off my heels. Those things are torture.

Nick and I make our way to our room and change into comfier clothes. I changed into a pair of sweatpants and one of Nicks shirts.

We haven't said a word since we stepped out of the car and I hate the silence between us. He standing in front of our closet staring off into space.

I walk up to him and wrap my arms around his waist and rest my head on his chest. He places his hand on top of mine.

"Are you ok?" I ask. Of course he isn't ok.

He turns around and pulls me close to him. "How can I be ok when I just got you and now I'm loosing you?" He says sadly and I try very hard to hold the tears back. I hug him even tighter.

"I promise you, I'm not going anywhere," I say looking up to him. "You heard him, the contract has been signed and you should have been with Alex," he explains looking away.

"We'll figure it out tomorrow," I sigh and he nods. "Come on, let's go downstairs and I'll order a pizza and we can watch a movie," he says pulling away and closing the closet door.

"But we already ate?" I tilt my head to the side. "Did we? Last I recall, we better occupied our time when dinner was served," he says with a smirk.

Huh?

Oh Ohhh

I just know my cheeks are bright red and Nick laughs. "I mean, I'm full after that, but I know you didn't eat," he smile cheekily.

"Nick!" I gasp slapping his arm. "Sorry not sorry," he says and the next thing I know he lifts me up and throws me over his shoulder.

"Nick!" I yell once again and just laughs in response. He walks us down stairs and plops me down on the couch and takes a seat next to me.

"Pepperoni pizza good for you?" He asks and I nod. "Oh! Can you get garlic butter?" I ask. "Anything for you," he smiles and kisses my forehead. Forehead kisses always give me butterflies.

While he's ordering pizza, I grab the remote and look for a movie. I see Love, Rosie, and immediately turn it on.

Nick looks up from his phone and sighs. "Ugh, not a chick flick," he complains and I roll my eyes. "Deal with it," I state and plop my feet over his lap.

Thirty minutes later the pizza finally arrived and we dig in. Wow, this pizza is really good.

As I'm watching the movie I see Rosie find out that Alex has a fiancé and I don't even realize I'm crying until Nick wipes my tears away.

I turn to look at him and I'm full on sobbing now. Nick grabs our plates, placing them down on the table and pulls me close to him and holds me tight.