two: a hell of a day

"Who are you?"

I heard my voice bounce off the four walls that surrounded me. The darkness was so thick I couldn't see anything except for a white shadow, and it felt suffocating.

"Hello?" I repeated, my voice getting louder. "Who's there?"

There was a woman. Yes, a woman. I couldn't make out the silhouette before me, but I knew it was a female and I could tell she was staring at me. She wasn't saying anything, though, and it made me feel uneasy.

"Jisoo" she suddenly cried out and I felt my stomach drop. I'd recognize that voice anywhere in the world.

Slowly, the shadow morphed into a person with a face and a body and when I saw her, I knew. A cold chill ran through my entire body, startling me.

"Su-sunmi?" was all I could say. I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Soo... Jisoo..." and then again, her silhouette started fading in the air until it vanished completely.

"Sunmi!" I ran trying to catch her.

I kept screaming her name as I was running breathless, but she wouldn't stop. She wasn't there anymore. And when I opened my eyes, I was fully drenched from head to toe and it wasn't in a cold sweat from the dream. I looked down at my damp clothes and bed and frowned.

"Finally you wake up!" my head snapped to the side at the voice.

Haruto was standing next to my bed with his arms crossed over his chest and sending me a judgmental look. However, what my eyes fixated on was the empty bucket next to him on the floor, and that's when I felt all my blood boiling in anger as I snapped my gaze back on his innocent-looking face.

"Now, asshole" I growled under my breath as I rolled my neck and shoulders to crack my bones. "I will give you exactly ten seconds to explain why I am drenched in water, and there's an empty bucket next to your feet in my room."

When I finished talking, I was already on my feet with my hands closed to fists and a scowl on my face.

"Noona, calm down" he pleaded, backing away nervously. "I was – I was just trying to wake you up. So you're not late again and stuff."

"Get. Out" I spat each word slowly, coming onto him like a menace. "Now!"

What a way to start my day.

When Haruto hesitated a little too long to leave my room, I grabbed him by the neck of his shirt and forcefully pulled him out, consequently throwing him on the floor harshly – the frown on my face deepening and I could feel the veins in my neck protruding with the bubbling raw fury. I needed to deflate.

Taking a deep breath, I stepped out of my room and walked past him, leaving him on the floor with a pout on his sulking face but honestly, who cares. What I did care about, however, was the time; and when I turned to look at the clock on the wall and realized he had woken me up way too early, I sighed and started to march my way downstairs. At least I'd have plenty of time to get ready and wouldn't have to rush to school, thus risking getting scolded again.

But just my fucking luck. Actually no, just his fucking luck.

Maybe destiny or whoever was running my life decided right then and there that I needed more anger that morning, but for whatever it's worth, I call it a cosmic joke. All the rage from before quickly returned to my body when I stepped into the living room only to find Lisa talking to that fucking guy again. Yugyeom.

Why did I hate him so much? Easy. He's annoying as fuck, tall as fuck, stupid as fuck, and I just don't like how he's always hovering around my baby sis with heart eyes and drooling like a fucking prick. But the worst part? He happens to be the younger brother of that annoying cat-face bitch I can't stand, Jennie. I don't need that negativity in my family.