ten: let's take a break

A/N: Guess who's back!

Freedom!

Finally, after so many weeks of torture, so many disastrous days and an insufferable month of chaperoning the new girl, I was officially free from the shackles of Roseanne Park and no longer needed to be her personal school guide. I was a free woman and suddenly the air was fresh, the birds chirped happily and the sky was blue. All was well.

I was both delighted by the fact, as well as exhausted from having just gotten back from Irene and Suho's stupid wedding. Honestly, who the fuck drops the big news when the wedding is just the next day? To say I was perplexed would be an understatement.

You see, right after baby loser and I finished cleaning the disaster at the perfume store, Irene's annoying ass decided to tell us the little detail she'd forgotten. And by little, I mean the huge bomb of the fact that they were getting married the next day. Is it just me or is that as crazy as it sounds?

Anyway, back to what I was saying in the beginning, I was exhausted and lying prone on my bed while thinking back to the events of the day, and how terribly wrong everything had gone thanks to none other than baby loser herself. If there's one thing I'm pretty sure of now, though, is that Irene is definitely never coming back to town now that she's met disaster master Roseanne.

At least I had fun.

I remember arriving at the venue and immediately thinking the wedding would fall nothing short for ostentatious, which isn't surprising in the least bit if you've ever met the couple. The back garden of a luxury hotel was beautifully decorated and filled with a bunch of snobs, whom I guessed were all related to Irene somehow, because out of the two of them, she was the only one with class who could actually afford such a place.

I was all alone because Lisa said she couldn't stand to watch her life-long crush marrying someone else, especially a woman she never liked, so I decided it was best to not push and leave her alone. I didn't ask Haruto to go with me either because I'd rather have someone look after Lis in case she needed something. That girl cold be a lot to handle when she was sad, so much so that I even allowed Yugyeom's stupid ass to stay the day with her. He didn't stand a chance anyway.

So there I was: completely uncomfortable in fancy clothes at a fancy wedding I didn't even want to attend to begin with, and my day was already ruined. Baby loser arrived about ten minutes later and, unfortunately for me, she'd be my date for the day because Irene still had this ridiculous idea that we were together; can you believe that? How absurd!

But when I turned around to greet her, I'm pretty sure my eyes opened wide as saucers because nothing could've ever prepared me for what I saw: Roseanne was wearing an off-shoulder pink dress that was so tight I could appreciate every curve of her body, and so short I could relish on the marvelous sight of her beautiful long legs, yet long enough for it not to be tacky. I would be lying if I said she didn't look absolutely mesmerizing right then and there.

But beauty can only do so much, and when I noticed the scrapes and scratches on her knees, as well as the compression bandage on her ankle, I remembered just how much of a fucking klutz she was. And of course, why not, she was still wearing those big ass thick-rimmed glasses that made her look at least four decades older. To top it all off, she was my responsibility for the day, which meant only having to listen to her incessant chatter all morning, but also making sure she didn't cause any disasters. Talk about an impossible mission.

Sighing defeated, I took her by the hand and we walked out of the lobby into the big garden where the chairs were evenly distributed leading up to the altar, and where everything was covered in delicate flowers. I surveyed the area trying to look for empty seats that weren't too close to the altar and it was proving to be a little bit difficult because, surprisingly, the place was packed with guests. I guess I never knew those two were so popular.