sixteen: a night at the parks'

"Jisoo, watch out!"

"Sunmi!"

I woke up abruptly drenched in a cold sweat, panting hard and blinking rapidly to get my eyes adjusted to the darkness. Another dream.

Looking around me, I saw walls covered in weird kpop idol posters and some science stuff I didn't understand. The room was faintly illuminated by dimmed lights hanging from the ceiling, and I was covered under a really thick duvet and I started to wonder if this was just another weird dream.

I sat up straight on the bed and rubbed the sleep off my eyes, letting them fully adjust to my surroundings, yet I was still confused and disoriented. I felt something wet on my cheek and that's when I realized there was a cold pad on my forehead that was now dripping from the heat of my own skin. I felt dizzy and there was a pounding headache that wouldn't leave me alone.

Jesus, how long did I sleep for?

Worried, I started to look for my phone to check the time – Chaerin was probably pissed at me. Oh shit, was I in trouble.

It was then that I spotted the device on a bedside table and then it suddenly hit me: pink walls, kpop stuff, stuffed animals on the bed, soft and fluffy pillows, a pink duvet... that wasn't my goddamn room!

Where the fuck am I?

Gathering all the strength I could muster, I got up from the bed so abruptly that everything went black and I immediately felt lightheaded. Falling back on the bed, I brought a hand to my chest and took deep breaths to try and calm myself down before I broke into a full anxiety attack. God, I hated those with a passion.

My eyes almost bulged right out of my socket when I realized it was already dinner time and I was in some stranger's bed. There was no way in hell Chaerin would let me off the hook so easily this time; shit, she might even actually kick me out of the house once and for all.

Taking a deep breath, I stood up once again, grabbed my stuff and walked to the nearest window preparing to jump and escape whatever kawaii girl universe I had been dragged into.

... if only that wasn't a second floor.

Sighing defeated, I sat back down on the bed. I was still very weak and even if I had managed to jump without breaking a bone, I stood no chance of making the way back home without passing out again, so at that point I figured it was best to just check my surroundings for any clues as to whose house this was, and why the fuck I was even there.

Memory fogs are so annoying, I swear.

"Holy crap!" I heard a gasp behind me, followed by a loud thud that startled me.

Whipping my head around, I was greeted by a very familiar figure standing at the doorway, holding her chest like she was about to have a heart attack.

"Rosé?!"

"Jisoo, I – I didn't... you're awake?" she stuttered, still catching her breath. "I didn't expect to see you walking around yet. You've been out for almost two hours."

Tilting her head slightly to the side, she looked at me in a way that she'd never done before and it was unnerving in a way. It's like she was inspecting me, yet afraid to say something that might piss me off or even frighten me. I got a sense that she was trying not to cross any boundaries, which is ironic, considering I was in her room without any knowledge of how I even got there in the first place.

"Are you alright?" she asked tentatively.

Ignoring the way my insides churned at the genuine concern in her voice, I decided to ask a question of my own.