seven: is that a new admirer?

The history presentation due date was just around the corner and baby loser was helping me prepare for it. The week had gone by pretty quickly and I had been working on my investigation on some historic bullshit in a record time of three restless days where I had barely eaten a bite or two and gotten a total of two hours of sleep. To make matters worse, I didn't even understand half the shit I was supposed to talk about, and this presentation would have a great impact on my grades so I couldn't afford to fail it.

As I was saying, the last week had been heavy on me with so much homework to do, plus the painting duty and having to deal with baby loser every day, who had been planning a way to avoid the new teacher as much as possible with the help of her new buddy, Kang Daniel. I don't even know how those two became so close, but I didn't like it either.

On the other hand, there was Chungha complaining to me nonstop about how badly she had been humiliated by Roseanne and how much she hated the girl for making her the laughingstock that day at the pool. The entire situation had quickly become annoying for me, since I couldn't give less of a fuck about the weird competition my ex had with the new girl. Literally all I wanted to do was eat, sleep and relax, was that so much to ask?

Also, I still couldn't believe Roseanne had managed to not get recognized by Chanyeol oppa, and I was starting to believe maybe he was as stupid and oblivious as her. Be that as it may, this meant that I had now become (involuntarily, of course) the disaster master's guardian, because she threatened to stop helping me with my school stuff and letting me fail all my classes if I didn't help her hide from him. That sneaky little bitch had earned herself a one-way ticket to hell with that one, but I had to admit she was more clever than I had initially thought; plus, I couldn't simply refuse because I really needed her help, as much as it pains me to admit it.

Anyway, I was in the middle of a situation that at this point would sound all too familiar to you: baby loser was sitting next to me under the shadow of my favorite tree being her clumsy, shy and blushing mess every time she saw me; Jennie and Hanbin were arguing over something stupid he did, as usual, and now there was another obnoxious addition to our group: that's right, Daniel and baby loser had become inseparable these days, so he was always glued to her side like a fucking leech.

Great. Just great.

"Excuse me, unnie" baby loser cleared her throat nervously. "Would you like some of this kimchi fried rice?"

"I already ate" I simply said.

"Oh."

I could see her face falling with disappointment from my peripheral vision, but I didn't say anything.

"Jagiya!" that annoying voice yelled as she approached us and I immediately rolled my eyes.

"What do you want now, Chung?" I growled without looking her way.

"I came her to ask if you wanted to eat –" she stopped mid-sentence when she noticed baby loser sitting next to me and her face immediately morphed into a scowl. "And what the fuck are you doing here?"

"Me?" Roseanne looked both confused and scared at the same time. It was kind of cute, actually.

"Sooya, you could die if you stay around this thing for too long" Chungha spat with a mocking tone.

I saw baby loser frowning and pouting but she didn't talk back.

"Shouldn't you be bothering Bobby instead?" Jennie interfered, looking at my ex up and down with disgust. "This isn't a sloppy seconds buffet, Chungha."

"I wasn't talking to you, Ruby Jane" she fired back with a look. "Go back to sucking face with your poor excuse for a boyfriend."

Just as Jennie was about to get up, Hanbin hugged her tightly from behind to keep her in place.