nine: tweedledumb and tweedledumber

I'd recharged batteries the night before and found myself with full energy that morning. I had slept peacefully and woken up with enough time so I wouldn't have to swallow my food like a vacuum and run to school to make it on time; I felt like a whole new person.

Getting up from my bed, I went to the bathroom, undressed quickly and took a nice relaxing shower. The constant warm stream of the water falling in gentle rivulets against my skin felt like therapy, and it made my muscles stop aching from all the strenuous activities I'd been involved with, including fighting that annoying guy the night before. Unfortunately, water could only do so much to calm me down, and I quickly found myself getting angry at the sole memory of that sour conversation right before I went to bed.

To be honest, I wished in that moment that it had been a dream for I couldn't stand the fact that Irene had actually called to let me know they were back in town. God I hated that bitch. And the fact that she called herself family? Preposterous! Just because she's Suho's stupid girlfriend does not mean we're a happy little family by any means. That couldn't be any further away from the truth.

I really despise those two with burning rage within my soul, and every time I see them it's only to end up in stupid and pointless fights. He's a homophobic piece of shit who's been an ass to me ever since he found me with a girl all those years ago. Yeah, yeah, it was his girlfriend, but how is it my fault that they prefer my glorious bed skills over his limp dick?

And let's not even talk about Irene. She's a condescending rich girl who thinks she's hot shit just because she's got the looks and the money to have men eating out of the palm of her hand. From the very beginning she tried to pretend she was a nice person, but I could see right through her ridiculous façade. She's nothing but a manipulative gold digger and you can't convince me otherwise.

And what the fuck were they even coming back for? Don't they know they're not welcomed here? I just couldn't believe I had to deal with those two so soon. I was one-hundred and one percent sure that nothing good could come out of their visit, and that they'd make it a point of getting on my nerves. It was enough knowing that they were still alive after what happened, but having to see their faces again? Disgusting.

But whatever. When I came out to the shower, I put on my uniform, some makeup and made my way downstairs, stopping mid staircase when I remembered something tragic: Chanyeol oppa was fully recovered and wouldn't need my assistance anymore, so that meant I had to go back to painting duty. Sighing defeated, I walked back upstairs and changed into those uncomfortable and itchy coveralls. Fucking hell.

Finally downstairs, I found it strange how the house was in complete silence, so I made my way into the kitchen wondering if my siblings had left a note for me or something. But to my dismay, as I crossed the threshold, I found out all the noise was inside the kitchen in the most annoying way: Lisa was talking with a person we knew very little, yet we all despised to the core.

Short, curvy, with long, straight jet-black hair, Irene stood in the middle of the kitchen fanning herself with an arrogant look in her face as she spoke with my sister. I cleared my throat loudly to catch their attention, which startled her, and I immediately knew my day was ruined.

"It's about time you woke up, Jisoo" she raised an eyebrow and looked me from head to toe.

"And what the fuck are you doing here?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest defensively.

"What do you mean?" she looked at me puzzled. "Did you already forget about my phone-call last night? Were you too drunk or something?"

The amused twinkle in her eyes and her cynical smile made me realize she was trying to get a rise out of me.