Part 5

Part 5

"Jesse!" screamed another familiar yet annoying voice. Moments after, rapid knocks ensued. I groaned inwardly clutching onto my pillow tightly. Did Abby have to spoil every god-damn moment in the book?

I stared down at my hands trying to remain reserved as her annoying screechy voice filtered through my oak door.

"Jesse! Open up! What's wrong?"

I squeezed my eyes shut, lazily swinging my sneaker clad feet over my hello kitty pillow and proceeded to stand up. My vision swam and the floor looked a lot more further down. When my vision settled to its normal range, I slowly padded over to the door pulling it open, feeling a cold bead of sweat trail down my face. Upon opening the door, a shooting pain zapped through the side of my face, and my breaths became rapid.

Forcing my head to stay upright I looked ahead. I only saw a hazy watery version of Abby and Justin and before I knew what was happening, my feet collapsed from beneath me. I expected to hit the relentlessly hard tiled floor but instead I fell right into the arms of Justin.

Through my half unconscious state I heard shouts, some from Justin, some from Abby (really annoying shouts from her) and surprise, I heard my mom. The scary thing was that she sounded frantic, like she cared....

-,',','-,','-,','-~~~~~~~-,','-,',',-,',','-

"In general, just try to keep her mind busy. Anxiety is a very common state present in teens, it's nothing to be overly worried about since Jesse here as of today has been diagnosed with mild anxiety. Stress regulation is key so that this could be somewhat avoided. A good pass time would help." the male doctor babbled on, seriously boring the shit out of me.

"What caused this?" mom summoned,her expression looking the faintest bit traumatized.

Abby sat next to her, looking like if she wasn't even there. Her mind seemed to be far as her thumbs raced across the screen of her phone texting God knows who. Justin sat next to her, a reasonable distance away because of the position of his chair. Call me imaginative but I was sure I saw Abby positioning the phone away from his direction so he wouldn't make out what she was doing exactly..What was going on there...?

The doctor began speaking again interrupting my thoughts. "The main problem is stress." He informed her, glancing over at me.

Story of my life. It was not as if this was the first time this was happening to me. When I had just started off with the nightmares, I used to wake up at all early hours of the morning.

Mom used to go along with what her friends say when she told them about my problems; she'd say I need a therapist. So I indeed went to a therapist. Ended up rearranging the entire look of the poor Therapist's office when I got really sick of her personal interrogations. I hated the fact that my own mom didn't believe me when I told her I wasn't just imagining everything or wandering off to Looney town.

Sadly Dad had been on a lawsuit business trip and hadn't been there to have a say. All I knew as soon as he got back, he demanded my mother to stop making matters worse by sending me to creepy ladies who want nothing but your personal life to be fed to them and who savor their jobs just because they're getting paid to 'fix' all your problems. On the other hand no offense to all the other therapists out there who actually are really amazing at what they do. Heck, I've got an aunt who's a therapist!

The fact is, all those scientists who have all the answers actually don't. Half of what they teach us in Chemistry class isn't even true. Half of what therapists say to aid you in your problems, don't know what the heck they're talking about.

I had not intended to receive an anxiety breakdown, pass out and be sent to the hospital to receive a monotonous lecture. I was currently in the waiting area with mom, Abby and Justin awaiting the result of my test. After passing out back at home, mom freaked and surprisingly worked on instinct, quickly driving me to the hospital. Once there( according to mom) I was tested while unconscious (I don't know how the hell how)and then moments later, I awoke. Then we were sent to the waiting area in which we waited for what seemed like eons (obvious right?) then finally Doctor Bore me to death emerged and here we are.