Chapter 15

"Okay so now that all the teams are sorted out, I'll tell you a little more about those steaming hot routines!" Mak walked to the front of the room, clapping his hands together and looking over at us with great excitement.

The room went into fits of "oooh's" as my eyes connected with Justin's as I took a seat on the floor against the mirror. He took a seat next to Mak, an amused look on his face remaining as he broke eye contact.

"I saw that," I heard from beside me.

I turned to the source of the voice and raised an eyebrow. "Saw what?" I whispered back.

Isabella rolled her eyes, hooking arms with me, pushing herself closer so she wouldn't have to talk so loudly. "Jesse, don't look now but he just can't take his eyes off of you. " I stared at her as if she had grown three heads. What in the world of cheesecakes was she even going on about?

"Justin, I mean," she added moments later, layering heavy emphasis on the syllables.

"It's not the crazy kind of stare to the point it's labelled as creepy but I don't think he's aware of it, and I find that really cute."

Making sure that my hair clouded the left side of my face, I cautiously and briefly glanced at him. He had his arm folded, his feet stretched out in front of him, his eyes downcast as I realised that Mak was going into a super detailed explanation about how things would go for the next couple of weeks. I looked back down smiling a bit.

My mind was led back to Mak's talking all of a sudden.

"Since this competition is pretty intense, most of your time would be spent here dancing, practicing, having fun getting to know each other including your partners." His eyes roamed across the room until it met mine only to be diverted elsewhere after.

"I'll also be assigning the instructor job to everyone here. All of you are capable of a dance style other than your main so if a fellow dancer was not executing a specific move right I give all of you full authority to step in and teach each other."

We said our responses of confirmation.

"Good, practice is open for each member three days a week and that's pretty much compulsory. In addition, you and your partner can enter this studio whenever you want because it's gonna be open all week. Sounds good?" Mak looked around, wanting to hear our opinion.

When we all made sounds of affirmation, he nodded.

"Now I'll stop babbling, you are all free to go now. See you tomorrow."

The sound of sneakers squeaking on hardwood filled the air as everyone began filing out. I bidded a quick goodbye to Isabella before making my way toward the door. Sooner or later, someone had gently grasped my arm, bringing me to a halt.

I turned around to face Justin, who had a pleading look on his face.

"I'm hungry, are you?"

I laughed at how blunt and straight forward he was being. "I'm always hungry."I admitted truthfully.

He chuckled, "Come on, let's grab something to eat at the food court near here,"

****

As soon as we had ordered what we desired, and the waiter was off his way, Justin turned to me.

"I was seriously going to get annoyed if you had ordered some healthy combo,"

I folded my arms across the table. "Why's that?"