Chapter 19

Some part of me hoped that Justin would at least react to what happened. It was almost as if he was avoiding me as if I was the plague in itself. Besides living under the same roof, I hardly ever saw him. Every time I saw or thought of my sister, I felt disgusting. I could not exactly avoid the living room, or any other part of the house because I needed to exist outside of my room. I had to eat and despite the situation, I wasn't going to starve. Anytime I laid eyes on him, he always chose to focus on something else. If we were in the same room, he'd desperately try to exit; not to the extent where it was obvious though. It still hurt because there was literally nothing else I could have done that night to fix the situation. Could I have waved a candy bar in front his face then sent it afar for him to fetch like some dog? Probably not.

However, there came a time when none of us could have gone one more minute avoiding each other. It just so happened to be one of those days where we had to meet up with the rest of the class for a briefing. I was going to go regardless of his behavior and whether or not he chose to show up was really up to him. I came to terms with it. I may have to ask for a partner switch because if it was going to be this awkward, we really couldn't continue on like this. I was halfway down the hall when a hand pulled me in. I was on the verge of screaming but it all happened so fast, my reaction was delayed.

"Shh shh, it's me." His voice sounded different and oddly very foreign. I slowed my breathing and looked up at him once I had looked around. Had he really just pulled me into the laundry room?

"Oh so you just decided to talk to me all of a sudden?" I asked, folding my arms. At this point, I was beyond tired of his indifferent behavior. I wasn't trying to cause any harm, it was just to help him out. The least he could have done was to not ignore me for four days straight.

"Come on, don't do this right now." The stern tone to his voice caught me off guard. He was cupping his forehead, shaking his head seemingly frustrated.

"I'm not doing anything. You're the one pulling girls into rooms,"I breathed out loudly shifting the weight on my feet.

His reply took a while up to the point I had to look up at him with questioning eyes. "You're making me late for class. Did you pull me in here to just stare?"

He mirrored my actions; sighing loudly. "I didn't mean for any of this to happen..I just didn't want to face you...I couldn't."

I raised an eyebrow. "We're not pre-schoolers Justin. If you feel uneasy and repulsed about what happened, you let me know and we go from there. This ain't no damn fan fiction bullshit."

Admittedly, my mini outburst shocked me and seemed to have the same effect on Justin. His mouth opened and he fumbled with his words for a bit.

"You...you think I was avoiding you because I was repulsed by what happened?"

I took it to be a rhetorical question as my heart hammered in my chest.

"Incase you had no idea, I fucking enjoyed kissing you."

My heart halted in beating as my gaze connected with his but I wasn't going to fall for that. "You probably only remember like ten percent...You don't have to guilt trip me."

His eyebrows knitted together in what seemed to be utter confusion. "Jesse, would you stop selling yourself short? So fucking what? I enjoyed it. Yes it was under really really," He paused, shaking his head. "really unfortunate circumstances but I know why you did it. And I'm grateful you did."

I was in utter shock. "So let's just ignore the fact that you're with MY sister and I did that. Fantastic." I didn't even realize I was balancing on the balls of my feet. I always did that when stressed or in highly uncomfortable situations. I termed this situation as an intermediate between the two.