Part Ten

Please read the short author's note at the end..Really important:)

Chapter Ten (woah,finally)

It was only six o clock that following morning, I realized my potential predicament. I had my first dance class on Monday and I had absolutely no suitable clothes. First, I had no money. Second, my mom was scratched off the list of who to ask. So only one person that could really make or break this situation. After gaining the courage,I quickly made my way to my dad's study located all to the back of the house. My dad preferred it to be all to the back because to him, it was situated away from our noise. I avoided the sun as I crossed the backyard to where the little extension was made to our house. Sure enough, he was inside, shuffling through his many doctor books piled on each other on his shelf. I folded my arms and crossed my arms over my chest, coughing to get his attention.

"Hey dad,"I managed to say once he had turned around, looking a tad bit alarmed.

He stopped what he was doing to greet me as I took a seat. Meanwhile, I was trying to play my little visit as casual. I slowly glanced around the room noting its pine scent and the occasional dust bunny that floated around me as I sunk lower into the chair adjacent his table.

"How are you kiddo?" He asked, plopping down into his recliner, looking at me square in the eye through his reading glasses.

I smiled. "Great,you?"

He chuckled. "I'm great also...Damn, you're so easy to read."

My eyebrows raised at his sudden accusation. "What-With what?"

"You want something, you never cross the lawn risking being sun burnt for just a simple hey dad."he analyzed, chuckling again.

I didn't even have the guts to argue further so I just raised my hands in defense. "How do you do it dad?" I asked with fake enthusiasm.

"Anyway,"I began, steering the conversation away from me. "I got accepted into that dance center,"I paused looking up at him to see his facial expression.

He was nodding, and a look of confusion swept across his face as he tried to figure out my main motif. That was the thing. People only knew half of my intentions most of the times.

"Well, I realised I have no clothes, and I'm running short on cash and well, I was hoping you'd be lovely enough t-" He cut me off almost instantly.

"Give you some money?" Dad guessed, interlocking his fingers resting his hand beneath his chin.

"Bingo," I whispered beneath my breath.

"You know that's not a problem Jesse, if you need it,I'll give it,"

I smiled, feeling a pang of relief. "Is this your slogan now or.."I joked.

"Yeah, that slogan is pretty much relevant to any dad fathering teenage daughters."

Hey, I wasn't going to complain. "Thanks dad, means the world. I'll try to loan it back to you when I can."

He dismissed my suggestion with the wave of his hands. "You don't have to, and that's an order,"

:::-:::::::::--:::-::::::::::::-::::-::::::::::-:::

I had decided to ditch my curly do so I spent about an hour extra making sure my hair was pin straight in the bathroom with my crappy flat iron. When my hair had reached its desired appearance suitable for me, I packed away everything into the cabinets and exited the bathroom. I threw on a plain orange tee and threw my white leather elbow length jacket on and tossed on matching white boyfriend jeans and a pair of orange flats. I snatched my lip balm from my dresser, shoving it in my jeans pockets as I made my way downstairs after pushing my hair into a pony tail.