Part Nine

Recap:

Then a few moments later, I heard a deep voice ask,

"Hey..you alright?"

I looked up to receive the shock of my life; well, other than all the other shocks in my life. It was the guy from earlier whom I had been checking out.

Chapter Nine

* *

Immediate guilt fell over me as I caught sight of the tiny gash to the side of his arm and the disheveled look of his clothes. I licked my dry lips and nodded somewhat slowly because if I dared nod faster, a zip of pain was sure to jolt through my head.

"I'm fine for now, is your arm okay?" I asked just beginning to get nauseous with the sight of the blood.

He quickly gazed down at the blemish in his skin and shrugged. "Small scene, no biggie. You're lucky I came when I did." He noted, offering me a hand up. I thankfully accepted his grip and pulled myself up, dusting off my jeans.

I just chose to nod.

"Thanks," I said appreciatively a while after, gazing up at him, slightly awed at how perfect his face was. Dotted with slight acne, but as humanly perfect as can be. Kind of like Justin, but still not as perfect as Justin's.

And why am I thinking of such things? Must be an after effect of the attack.

Judging on the fact that we were walking, and it had suddenly gone silent, I chose to spark a conversation.

"Hey, I never caught your name." I said, glancing over at him for a split second before stuffing my hand in my jeans pocket and staring off ahead.

"It's Toby,you?" He said smoothly, not seeming too eager at all.

"Jesse." I replied, hoping he'd ask something.

"Well, Jesse, do you know who you were dealing with back there?" He summoned, breathing out coming to a stop at the back entrance of the fair.

I waited for him to continue as I shook my head, preparing for the worst. After all those guys did have some involvement with Avan, and that was already turning out to look scary. The pounding bass of the rides and the music blended together as my heart beat steered into a dangerous rate in speed. Finally, after I had travelled to heaven and back, he continued.

"You know of Avan Deleriado? The town's biggest drug dealer?"

A cold splash of recognition bathed my thoughts as my brain kicked into serious overdrive. I had freaking talked to the guy, he knew my name, almost had me on a first name basis with the cops and most of all cost me my life that dreadful night at the club.

"Yeah," came my scared reply.

Toby nodded, staring at me dead serious. "Those guys were his followers."

I felt like having a panic attack then and there mostly because one of them had recognized me and that meant I was in deep shit, if not, more than before.

"Jesse, just pray that they don't remember your face. Anywhere you go, make sure you have someone with you. Learnt my lesson the hard way a few years back and it would be a shame if the same thing happens to you." He pleaded, as I just stood there speechless.

When I finally captured my voice again, I was about to ask him what he meant when my name was yelled by a familiar voice nearby.

It was none other than Ryan's voice. My eyes widened. They couldn't know of my encounter, or it would just worry them. I was already worrying them with my anxiety problems, I didn't need another addition. I turned around hastily already seeing them off in the distance. It was only a matter of time before they saw me.