Chapter 18

A/N- Hey fam! I drew this out for as long as possible because honestly, I was going through a serious writer's block. Guys it was terrible. I could have updated for a while now but my writing sucked and nothing made sense and the drafts were boring as hell. You awesome people don't deserve that, so I waited it out and a random burst of inspiration just came to me yesterday.  So it's pretty long and this is the easiest chapter I've written in a while. I hope the length sort of makes up for the almost 1 year long wait. I'm truly sorry for the agony. Enough of me, let's get to the juice of things! xoxo

The following morning, I was tempted to stay in and sleep late, but a soft knock on my door awoke me. I pulled myself from bed and walked over to the door only to see Justin. My breath caught in my throat but I covered it up with a cough. He wore an oversized white tee and a black basketball shorts. I'm not sure why, but it had an effect on me. Maybe because his hair looked like sex, all spiky and intriguing. Did he and Abby....? No. I suppressed the images.

"Morning Jesse!" He chimed. He was in way too much of a good mood for seven in the morning. He leant against the wall, arms folded looking at me expectantly.

I forced a smile. "Morning Justin....Why are you here so early?" I didn't mean for it to come out harsh but it just did. I'm never a morning person.

He faltered a bit and held a hand to his heart. "Can't a guy just wish a friend a jolly good morning without it getting third degree?"

I raised an eyebrow. "Spit it out Justin. You would have told me that downstairs instead." I threw in a smile to let him know it wasn't serious.

He pretended to be shocked, stepping back a bit. Damn this kid was too dramatic. Then he straightened up eventually. "Actually, the reason I'm up here is because of my little sis. She called me yesterday asking for all three of us to hang out again. She's like in-love with you..more than me. And Jesse, it fucking hurts."

My heart melted. I loved Jazmyn. She was the cutest kid on the planet. She certainly hadn't just forgotten me. I always had that effect on kids and inside me warmed with awe.

Then something hit me. "Aw, are you jealous Justin?"

The challenging tone to my voice seemed to register in his mind, for he looked up. "Yeah you're the first to steal my esteemed spot of being first in Jazzy's heart."

I jokingly slapped him on the arm. "Please, I'm past the first spot. I'm somewhere near Jesus mode.."

He connected his gaze with mine direct and in a rather bold manner. Like then, I could tell that the atmosphere changed and he was challenging me with his eyes. It was as almost as if his eyes were sparkling under the lights or maybe I was just high with sleep. "Oh yeah?" he challenged.

I lost it there, mentally of course. The way he was looking at me. Dear God...And just like that, it was gone as quick and unpredictable as it had arrived when his question came. "Are you free today?"

I racked my brain to figure out if I had anything planned but then I came up with nothing. "Yeah, what time?"

"Hour tops. Thanks!" He said it with such sincerity and shock it surprised me. I wasn't that heartless to pass out a day to spend with his cutie of a little sister. His phone started ringing and he quickly rushed away, planting it to his ear.

"Yes, Jaz. She agreed to come...Are you not going to ask me how I'm doing?"

Stifling a laugh, I shut the door and breathed out a long sigh. What in the world was I going to even wear?