Part Eight

Shock as clear as day bounced around within the depths of my mind as his words sunk in. I tried not to show any signs of alarm as I slowly connected my gaze with his. He wasn't even looking at me, but at the compact device nestled in his grip. I struggled to make sense as to why he'd say something like that. It could mean many things and suggest various ideas.

"Um.. I'm sorry, what?" I questioned, slightly angling my body so that I could better face him.

His brown orbs hooked itself into my line of sight, his face expressionless. Oh god, maybe I was over thinking things. Then I realized he was lost in his device and hadn't been really paying attention to his surroundings within the time I chose to collect my thoughts and make sense of what he had said. Then, when he registered my voice and question, he chuckled. Not nervously, but a normal good hearted chuckle. God, was he just kidding around?

"I said you looked beautiful." he repeated laughing a bit. I began to realize his compliment was not accidental but just mere fact to what his opinion held.

I tried not to act surprised as I nodded slowly, casting an unsure look his way. "Um, thanks I guess."

He nodded, his fingers flicking his thumb across his camera's buttons. "Sure."

Knotting my eyebrows together, I slowly took in the silence that fell as a thinking period. Well, he was certainly honest, I'd give him that. Oh, and weird. Giving out slightly perverse-able compliments and acting like if it was nothing. Just then, cracking through the silence, my phone began erupting into fits of notes proclaiming my ringtone clear as day. I eased my hand into my pocket and read the caller ID. Bidding Justin a quick goodbye, I stalked out the room and straight to my bedroom, finally answering my phone.

It was Chaz.

"What Chaz?" I asked through the phone plopping down on the neatly made bed. I positioned myself in a lying position and popped my bare feet up into the air.

"Ha ha. You and your dry greetings." He deadpanned from the other end, obviously annoyed with my lack of courtesy.

"You're not special enough to get any." I joked. I joined in as he chuckled.

"Anywho....."he began, and I stopped him immediately.

"See, because no teen of the twenty first century says that word." I pointed out cockily.

"Done..?" he asked after a while seemingly exasperated.

"Yeah I guess, anyways what'd you want?" I allowed my feet to drop onto my mattress.

"Just a request. There's this fair and Ryan, Christian and Ency wanted to go." he explained.

"Yeah, I know. She's been talking about it for weeks."

"Annoying me as hell. Anyway, wanna tag along?"

"Why not?"

*^**=*=*^+=^*

Hours later, after curling my hair in loose ringlets and dabbing my face with some light makeup (Quick Note: I don't particularly hate makeup just not a whole load of it) I was about ready. I decided to lay low with a simple concert tee and sneakers and a beanie, nothing much. After all it was just a fair right? It's not like I was gonna meet anyone special in which I had to dress particularly good for...right? Big mistake.

|*|*|~*~*~|~|~|**|~*~*~*|

The rides, the lights, the chatter all mixed into one. I hooked arms with Ryan and together we made it to one of those stalls with barely enough people there to push and shove you. Ency and the others were in some ride (probably scared out of their wits by now) but Ryan and I being the smartest of them all, had just decided to obey the law of gravity; in other-words, keep out feet on the ground, not up in the air. I took hold of one of those compact machines that squirted water and began to aim. Ryan being the lazy head he was, just stood next to me, arms folded, his gaze off somewhere.