Chapter 2

Monday Morning: 11:00 A.M

Mina's POV

I was still pretty upset with Momo for dragging me away earlier when I was trying to make sure that Y/N was ready for her first day of work. Momo let Sana give Y/N a hug but not me; I even tried thrashing about during the whole ordeal and escaping from Momo's grip, but Momo was surprisingly strong and prevented me from going back. I just want to baby my little maknae. Is that so wrong?

Anyways, I am part of the marketing team at Park Incorporation. Our team consists of three members: me, Sana, and a younger woman by the name of Chou Tzuyu who is two years younger than me. Based on my deduction skills, I think that Sana is interested in Tzuyu. Sana likes watching Tzuyu from a distance and it is quite obvious from the look in her eyes.

Sana suddenly sat down beside me, causing me to jump slightly, "Sorry about that. Just wanted to come by to ask why you look so worried."

I let out a sigh, "I am always worried when it comes to Y/N. I fear that something could go wrong. She is my maknae after all," I then scowled, "Not only that, but Momo stopped me from going back to hug Y/N after you hugged her. That is so unfair."

Sana giggled at my clear annoyance, "First of all, she is all of our maknae. Second, you don't need to think too much about it. Y/N is a strong young woman, and you have to let her be independent for once. She isn't a baby anymore."

My scowl became a sad smile, "No matter what, Y/N will always be a baby sister to me. I have made many promises when it comes to her, and I have no intention of ever breaking them."

Sana placed a hand on my shoulder and gave me a warm smile, "I get it, Mina; I really do, but some of those promises are impossible to keep. Y/N will have to experience life at some point, and you won't be able to change that."

I let out a sigh and mustered a small smile, "I know. It's just that... it's hard to not think of my promises. They are important to me, you know?"

Sana nodded, "I know they are important to you; but there will come a time and place that you will break one of your promises, and it will be out of your control. I just want you to be ready for that eventuality," she then stood up, "Anyways, we have a meeting soon. Let's go find Tzuyu and head to it."

I gathered some files on my desk before standing up, "Thanks for the talk, but I don't think I will ever be ready for that day."

"I already know that. When that day comes, Momo and I will be by your side," Sana reassured.

I smiled at Sana, "Honestly, thank you."

Sana smiled back at me, "There's no need to thank us. Let's go before we are late," she said before walking away with me following shortly after.

Momo's POV

I kind of feel bad for what I did to Mina earlier. I know that she did it out of her protectiveness over Y/N, but I did what I had to do. Mina babies Y/N way too much. It is a bit concerning for me as I am worried about what will happen to Y/N if Mina isn't around. Not to say that I don't love and care for Y/N as much as Mina, but I have to be realistic. The two of us and Sana will not always be by Y/N's side for the rest of her life, and we need to prepare her for that eventuality.

Anyways, I am part of the business planning team. We are a small team that consists of three members just like the marketing team: me and two women by the names of Kim Dahyun and Son Chaeyoung who are younger than Mina by one and two years, respectively. The business planning and marketing teams are quite close together as Dahyun, Chaeyoung, and Tzuyu are best friends.

I may or may not have a little crush on Dahyun, and Mina may or may not have a little crush on Chaeyoung... Oh who am I kidding? Mina and I both have huge crushes on Chaeyoung and Dahyun. Mina is thankful for the closeness of our two teams as she gets to admire Chaeyoung from up close. I am thankful for being on the same team as Dahyun as I've gotten pretty close to her. We playfully flirt with each other from time to time which makes my heart swell with glee.