Chapter 29

Saturday Morning: 9:45 A.M Same Saturday as Chapter 28

Jihyo's POV

Y/N's memory loss came as a complete surprise to everyone. I froze when she asked who everyone, including me, was. I couldn't handle my emotions and ran out of the room and found somewhere private to cry. Nayeon and Jeongyeon eventually found me and helped me get home.

Nayeon and Jeongyeon stayed to comfort me for several hours. I was crying my heart out as I kept on apologizing. Nayeon and Jeongyeon had mixed emotions. They hated that Y/N got hurt, but they were sure that it wasn't my fault. They knew that I genuinely loved Y/N and that I was not playing with her.

I eventually convinced them to go home after I told them I wanted to sleep. The moment they left, I jumped out of bed and started drinking. I just cried, drank, and looked at all of the pictures I took with Y/N. I just couldn't believe what happened. It was all my fault for being slow. If only I had reacted faster to Tzuyu or caught up to Y/N faster, none of this would have happened. I wouldn't have had to watch the love of my life's lifeless body fly through the air. Oh god, I started sobbing even harder when I remembered that fact after several cans of beer.

I woke up on my living room floor surrounded by an endless sea of empty beer cans. Y/N would be so disappointed if she saw me like this. She was okay with me having the occasional drink but not binge drinking like this. Especially after she cleaned up after me several weeks ago.

I stood up and instantly rushed to the washroom to expel the contents of my stomach. I went to my room to get some medicine and water. I walked out to the living room and instantly started crying again. I felt nostalgic as this exact scene happened when I first started opening up to Y/N.

I eventually found the strength to hold back my tears. I wanted to go and see Y/N; I wanted to beg for forgiveness and make her remember me, but I knew it was a bad idea. Momo, Mina, and probably Sana would attack me on the spot. I just had to wait until Monday to see what happens.

I spent my entire day trying to get my mind off of Y/N. I didn't want to do it, but I was left with no other choice. However, no matter what I did, I kept on remembering Y/N and started crying even more. Even if it was the most mundane things like going to get laundry, I was reminded of Y/N because she would always be by my side keeping me company.

God, how could I let this happen?

Monday Morning: 9:00 A.M

Sunday was no better than Saturday. I just spent the entire day under my blanket and crying my heart out. I refrained from drinking as it would only make me sadder. I can't even remember if I ate at all. The whole day was just a blur.

If I had the choice, I would have stayed home instead of going to work. But I had no choice; I am the CEO of this company after all. It's my duty to be at work and continue to grow this company. I promised my father that at his grave.

I skipped my usual visit to the muffin shop and made my way to my office. I stopped in my footsteps when I saw Y/N sitting at her desk. I rubbed my eyes to make sure I wasn't hallucinating and thanked every deity that I got to see Y/N. A smile formed on my face as I walked towards Y/N.

"Ah! Sajang-nim! Good morning!" Y/N greeted me.

My smile disappeared when I heard what Y/N said, "'Sajang... nim'?"

"Yeah? Is everything okay?" Y/N asked with a frown.

I shook my head as I mustered up a smile, "Oh. Everything's okay."

Y/N suddenly stood up and bowed towards me, "I should have done this first, but I apologize for my behaviour after waking up in the hospital. I don't know how I could ever forget about Sajang-nim."