Chapter 8

Friday Afternoon: 12:00 P.M

3rd Person POV

Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Momo, Sana, Mina, and Y/N were eating lunch together in the company cafeteria. It was very rare for Nayeon and Jeongyeon to be available for lunch as they were always working on tasks for Jihyo or having meetings with Jihyo or clients. Y/N was still surprised that her unnies, Nayeon, and Jeongyeon were all friends. Her unnies never mentioned anything about Nayeon and Jeongyeon even though they would tell her about everything.

The five women met while they were still in college. Jeongyeon, Momo, and Sana were in the same orientation group and instantly hit it off. They pulled Nayeon and Mina in and formed their own circle. Nayeon and Jeongyeon tried pulling Momo, Sana, and Mina into their club but the latter three were not interested but would always support any events that their club hosted.

It was actually thanks to Nayeon and Jeongyeon that Momo, Sana, and Mina were able to get their jobs at Park Incorporation. Jihyo tasked Nayeon and Jeongyeon with helping fill staff positions when she took over the mantle of CEO. She trusted the latter two to find the best people for the job. They of course succeeded as the Marketing and Business Planning teams are the highest performing teams in the entire company.

"Ahhh. So that's how you five know each other," Y/N responded after hearing the story from Jeongyeon, "But why did I never hear my unnies talk about you and Nayeon-unnie?"

Nayeon donned an offended look, "You never talked about us? I mean I get not talking about Jeongyeon, but not me?!"

Jeongyeon let out a sigh while rubbing her temples, "This is the only thing I hate about hanging out with you three. This side of Nayeon appears exclusively when you three are around, and I don't know why that is."

"Maybe that's why we never mentioned you two. We didn't want Y/N getting any bad ideas from your bad influence," Mina pondered aloud while sipping her tea.

"Woah!" Jeongyeon exclaimed, surprised by Mina's accusations of being a bad influence, "I get not mentioning Nayeon as she is a really bad influence, especially to our juniors in our club; but what about me? I was always a good influence!"

Momo shrugged her shoulders, "Meh, better safe than sorry, you know? You two come in a pair so mentioning one will instantly bring in the other."

Sana nodded her head in agreement, "Exactly, if anything, you enable Nayeon's bad influence."

Y/N suddenly burst out into laughter, tears forming in her eyes, "You five are hilarious! We should have dinner at our place tonight. I would love to get to know Nayeon and Jeongyeon-unnies some more."

Everyone agreed to Y/N's proposal. They started talking about what they should eat and do. Ideas and suggestions were thrown around for a few minutes until they decided to just order some takeout where everyone gets to pick something they like. They then started talking about some activities they can do but settled upon just talking and relaxing.

Everything was settled until Y/N suddenly suggested inviting "Jihyo-unnie" to their get together. Momo, Sana, and Mina were very hesitant in inviting the CEO of the company to their get together. Y/N used her signature pout and puppy eyes, knowing full well that her unnies could not resist her when she used her charms. Her unnies thought for a minute before relenting and agreeing to invite Jihyo only and only if Y/N was the one to invite her. Y/N smiled widely as Nayeon and Jeongyeon started laughing at her unnies.

"Quick question for you, Y/N," Nayeon said, "Why are you calling Jihyo, 'unnie'?"

"Well, last Friday, I decided to stay a bit after work because Jihyo-unnie said she had to stay late. I didn't want to just leave her here in case anything happened, and I just so happened to be right. I woke up from a nap and found Jihyo-unnie intoxicated. I brought her back to her condo and slept on her couch as it was pretty late at night. I woke up the next morning to Jihyo-unnie making me breakfast. We ate and chatted for a bit before she suddenly said that I could call her 'Jihyo-unnie'," Y/N explained, forgetting that her unnies were present.