Chapter 25

Monday Afternoon: 12:10 P.M

3rd Person POV

Jihyo sent Y/N off to lunch ahead of her as she needed to finish writing some emails. She was willing to wait until after lunch to write them, but Y/N commanded her to finish them so that they could get responses as soon as possible. Jihyo did not bother protesting and listened to Y/N.

Jihyo let out a groan as she stretched her body, "Finally! All done! Time to go eat lunch with my adorable girlfriend!"

Jihyo jumped up from her chair and collected her ID badge and phone before leaving her office. She made her way to the elevator and went down to the cafeteria. She found everyone sitting at a table and happily sat down beside Y/N who instantly side hugged her. Everyone greeted Jihyo except for Mina who was glaring at her with hostility.

"Hello Jihyo-nim," Mina greeted with poisonous intent.

"Oh. Hello Mina. How are you doing today?" Jihyo greeted back, trying to not let Mina's obvious dangers affect her.

"Good until you showed up," Mina replied bitterly.

Y/N suddenly slammed her hands on the table and stood up. She surprised everyone by her actions but shocked everyone when they saw her glaring at Mina. No one had time to react before Y/N started speaking.

"Mina-unnie, you will stop treating Ji-Ji like this! Because if you don't... if you don't... then consider yourself no longer my unnie!" Y/N yelled while closing her eyes.

The entire table was completely taken aback by Y/N's outburst. Tears were already welling up in Mina's eyes as she processed what Y/N had said to her. Momo and Sana were left unsure of how to react as they never expected that Y/N would ever say such a thing to any of them. Everyone else was left in a completely uncomfortable situation.

Mina tried her best to not let her tears fall as her heart broke. She never fathomed the idea that Y/N would ever not want her as her unnie. She really wanted to say something but just could not find the words to express how she felt. Chaeyoung noticed the look on Mina's face and intertwined their hands under the table and lightly squeezed Mina's hand in an effort to comfort Mina. The action was semi-successful but only eased the crippling pain that Mina was feeling.

Before either Momo and Sana could say anything, Jihyo stood up and slammed her hands on the table, "L/N Y/N! You will take back what you just said right this instant!" she scolded Y/N.

Y/N opened her eyes as tears started pouring from her eyes, "Why are you yelling at me? I am just trying to protect you like I said I would!"

Jihyo's expression softened as she pulled Y/N into a hug, allowing her girlfriend to start sobbing into her chest, "Princess, I am sorry for raising my voice with you. I hate seeing you upset but I also hate that you were fighting with one of your unnies."

Y/N raised her head so that she could look at Jihyo, "But I don't like how Mina-unnie keeps on treating you. I hate it so much that she doesn't show you the respect you deserve. I just... hate that she doesn't see how much it hurts me as well," she said as more tears fell from her eyes, "You are my girlfriend, and she shouldn't treat you like a monster. I want her to treat you nicely. I just don't know how else to get her to understand that."

Jihyo wiped the tears from Y/N's eyes and leaned down to kiss Y/N, "I appreciate it; I really do. But the solution isn't for you to fight with Mina. She just loves you dearly as your unnie and wants to protect you. I respect that and I hope that the both of us can see eye-to-eye someday."

Y/N sniffled as she held back from crying again, "But I don't want you to always feel like someone is out to get you just because we are dating. I want you to be able to eat lunch with me without worrying that someone is going to hurt you for doing anything. I want you to be able to come visit me at home, but how can you when someone I live with doesn't like you?"