Chapter 39

Tuesday Morning: 9:00 A.M

3rd Person POV

Tzuyu was on her way up to Jihyo's office. She had received an email from Jihyo that morning that she was required for some work. It would be a lie if Tzuyu said that she was not excited to go up to Jihyo's office; however, it would not be for the reason that you may expect. Tzuyu was just excited to see Y/N. After everyone's relationships were mended a year ago, Tzuyu and Y/N started getting really close to the point that their girlfriends complained from time to time about their closeness.

Tzuyu arrived at the top floor and exited the elevator. She turned the corner and her eyes lit up with excitement the moment she saw Y/N at her desk, "Y/N!" she yelled excitedly.

Y/N looked up and was surprised to see Tzuyu, "Tzuyu-unnie!"

Y/N jumped up from her chair. The two of them rushed at each other for hugs. It was not uncommon for them to do this whenever they saw each other. It was a very wholesome interaction. The two of them developed an older-younger sister relationship as they got closer.

Jihyo came out of her office upon hearing the commotion and giggled, "Well aren't you two lively this morning?"

Tzuyu separated from the hug and nodded her head, "Of course! This is my future sister-in-law we are speaking about here. Plus, she is a vital member of the Maknae Line."

Jihyo's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "The... 'maknae line'?"

Tzuyu nodded again, "Yeah, it's what the youngest members of our group call ourselves. It used to be just Dahyun, Chaeyoung, and me; but we added Y/N almost a year ago."

Jihyo nodded her head in understanding as she became thoughtful, "I wonder if there is such a thing as the 'middle line'. I could start one with Mina and probably add Sana into the mix as well," she thought to herself aloud.

"You should!" Tzuyu exclaimed, "Nayeon, Jeongyeon, and Momo-unnies can form their own 'line' as well! It would also be fun to compete in littles games or something in these groups."

"You know what? I will bring it up later at lunch," Jihyo decided.

"Anyways, what are you doing up here?" Y/N asked Tzuyu, "I don't remember there being a meeting between you and Ji-Ji this morning."

Tzuyu smiled at Y/N's question, "Remember that project the three of us worked on last year?" she asked, gaining a nod in reply, "Jihyo told me that we are reviving it for round two."

Jihyo walked behind Y/N and back hugged her girlfriend, "The first round helped us eliminate one of our competitors from the market, so I was thinking that it was time to eliminate another competitor."

Y/N turned to kiss Jihyo's cheek, "That's so evil of you, but I love it at the same time."

The three of them went into Jihyo's office to start talking about what they needed to do. The company that they took down increased the company's market share drastically while taking out one of their major competitors. From that point onward, the company was slowly working towards taking down other competitors but never made any direct moves.

Jihyo felt like now was the time to make a move. Especially with the goal of globalization, taking down more companies within the country would give them more resources to start their globalization efforts. The first thing that needed to be done was new market research as a lot of companies changed how they operated in light of the company's success.

The three of them worked together to conduct some preliminary market research while discussing how they would split up the work. They decided that they would employ everyone's help. They wrote some emails and continued working while talking. It was not until the start of lunch did they realize how much work they had done.