Chapter 22

Friday Afternoon: 5:15 P.M

3rd Person POV

"Ummm... Why does Y/N look like someone just told her that she failed her exam?" Chaeyoung asked as she sat down beside Mina at a large table in the company cafeteria.

"Apparently Jihyo-nim didn't tell Y/N that tomorrow is her birthday, so Y/N is a bit upset that she doesn't have a lot of time to plan a birthday party for Jihyo-nim," Mina explained as she kissed Chaeyoung on the cheek.

Chaeyoung made an 'o' expression as she nodded her head in understanding. Everyone, save for Jihyo, was invited to this meeting called by Y/N. They all gave a similar reaction when Mina explained what happened. Y/N was jotting down some notes on a whiteboard that she borrowed while waiting for everyone to arrive. She had an upset expression on her face the entire time.

Y/N stood up before clearing her throat, "Alright, everyone is here now. Thank you for coming to this last-minute meeting. I believe all of you know or know now that tomorrow is Ji-Ji's birthday. I would like to host a birthday party at Ji-Ji's condo tomorrow afternoon. Here is the plan that I have."

Y/N placed her whiteboard in the middle of the table for everyone to see. She explained everything about her detailed plan down to the most minute detail. She already split everyone up into appropriate groups to cover the food, cake, and decorations. The type of cuisine, type of cake, and colours for decorations were included. No one had any objections to the plan as it even considered backup plans in case something goes wrong.

"Does anyone have any questions?" Y/N asked.

Nayeon raised her hand, "How do you plan on keeping Jihyo distracted long enough for us to prepare everything?"

"Don't worry about that. I have an amazing plan that will work without a doubt," Y/N replied.

Y/N waited a couple of seconds to see if anyone had any other questions, "I will take that as no one else has any questions?" she asked, gaining nods from everyone present, "Good, I expect all of you to help me make tomorrow the perfect birthday for Ji-Ji," she said with a wide smile and head tilt.

Everyone shuddered as Y/N exuded a deadly aura that clearly explained what she was trying to imply. They were reminded once again just how scary Y/N could be when she wanted to be. All of them, even her unnies, were still surprised to see the bundle of innocence and joy be able to have this kind of effect on them.

Saturday Afternoon: 2:00 P.M

Jihyo's POV

I was kicked out of my own condo by Y/N. She told me "You better not come back until I call you" while pouting and crossing her arms. It was very obvious what she was trying to do, so I decided to play along just because she was being adorable.

I didn't have anywhere that I wanted to go, so I decided to go window shopping at a nearby mall. I enjoy doing this every once in a while as there were a lot of stores that I liked to visit as they share my philosophy of being down to earth. I also am entertained by the thought that people would not expect a CEO like myself to go to "low class" stores.

I walked by a jewelry store and a necklace in the window caught my attention. I stopped to get a better look through the window. The necklace was very simple in nature. It consisted of a gold chain that ended with a rose gold infinity symbol that intertwined with a white crystal heart. I was instantly mesmerized by it and knew that I had to buy it for Y/N. I walked into the store and made the purchase.

I walked out of the store with a bright smile on my face as I looked down at the little bag in my hand. I was really excited to give this to Y/N and see the look on her face. Hopefully, she will like it. I kind of want to make something handmade just like she did for me, but I am not the best at DIY crafts. Y/N would probably be happy with anything I make for her, but I still want it to be perfect for her. She definitely deserves it after everything she has done for me.