Chapter 44

Present Time

Friday Morning: 9:00 A.M

3rd Person POV

After confirming that Y/N was safe, Jihyo demanded an explanation for how her girlfriend escaped from her kidnapper. Y/N explained her entire ordeal or more like her entire scheme to the backdrop of expressions mixed between shock and anger. She did not realize what everyone had gone through to find her. What made it worse was that she explained everything with a wide grin indicating that she was proud of herself.

"I actually knew that Y/N was safe and in no harm this entire time," Tzuyu said proudly after Y/N finished her retelling.

"Excuse. Me?" Jihyo tilted her head and asked with an irritated smile, "What did you just say?" she asked with a dark tone.

Tzuyu gulped as she recognized this tone, "I... umm... those patterns I mentioned? Umm... it was a special morse code that Y/N and I created with each other," she explained before gulping again as a serious dark aura surrounded Jihyo, "I... deciphered her intentions..."

"Ji-Ji!" Y/N exclaimed, trying to relieve the pressure off of Tzuyu, "Look at the bright side, I got a lot of information out of Daniel that can help the company! It was all for you! Please don't be angry!" she begged.

Jihyo closed her eyes and took a deep menacing breath of air, sending shivers down both Tzuyu and Y/N's bodies, "I don't know if I should be really angry or really proud of Princess right now."

Mina stepped forward and pulled on Y/N's right ear, "BOTH!" she yelled.

Mina began to scold Y/N for her reckless actions while pulling harder on Y/N's right ear. She could not believe that her precious maknae would do something so imbecile in the name of gathering information. She yelled about all the dangers she could have been in and how Daniel could have actually been playing Y/N instead of the other way around. All the while, Y/N begged Mina for forgiveness as she felt like her ear was about to be ripped off of her.

"And don't think you aren't in trouble either!" Sana yelled before pulling on Tzuyu's left ear, "How could you do something so stupid and not tell us?! Y/N could have gotten hurt!"

"Sana-unnie~~~" Y/N whined with tears welled up in her eyes from the pain Mina was inflicting on her, "Please don't yell at Tzuyu-unnie. It was my idea to keep quiet about our code and my request to not tell you unnies."

Jihyo walked up to Y/N and pulled on the younger woman's right ear, "You should be worried about yourself right now! You are in so much trouble when we get out of here! You don't even want to know what will happen when we get home!"

Y/N started shedding tears, unable to bear the pain any longer, "Why is Mina-unnie pulling harder than Ji-Ji?!"

Momo stepped up and pulled on Y/N's right ear, "Let me help!"

Everyone started berating the two women for doing something so risky. Their anger was well placed after considering the anxiety, stress, restlessness, and fear they went through the past couple of days. Even though their anger could possibly light the world ablaze, they were all just relieved that Y/N was safe and sound.

Tzuyu and Y/N were finally able to convince everyone to stop berating them and pulling at their ears after they promised to take everyone out to an expensive meal. Everyone else decided to cash in on this promise immediately and planned out the most expensive thing they could come up with for lunch. Tzuyu and Y/N awkwardly looked at each other as they realized their wallets were going to hurt because of their decision.

Jihyo made a call to the Chief of Police before they left for their lunch to report the outcome of their operation to save Y/N. She reported who the kidnapper was and where to find his unconscious body. She told him to handle the follow-up and to put Daniel away for as many years as possible before hanging up the call.