Chapter 21

Thursday Morning: 9:00 A.M

3rd Person POV

"Good morning, Ji-Ji!" Y/N yelled as she ran into Jihyo's office.

Jihyo stood up and walked around her desk to meet her girlfriend, "Good morning, Princess," she replied back. She looked down and saw that Y/N was hiding something behind her back, "What is that behind your back?" she asked.

A wide smile formed on Y/N's back as she presented a small box to Jihyo, "A handmade gift for you!"

Jihyo accepted the box from Y/N. She opened it to find a small phone charm. She lifted the charm up to get a better look at it. Rainbow beads aligned two strings before joining together at one end with a small pink pom-pom and a loop to attach to a phone on the other end.

"Do you like it?" Y/N asked nervously as she fidgeted with her shirt.

"No, I don't," Jihyo deadpanned.

Y/N went wide-eyed upon hearing Jihyo's response. This was the first gift that she gave to Jihyo and was hoping that her girlfriend would like it. She spent her entire night learning how to make the phone charm and stayed up late just to make it. She got yelled at by Mina who caught her working under her blanket at 2:00 AM in the morning. She was completely crushed by Jihyo's dislike of her gift.

"Oh..." Y/N trailed off as she felt her eyes glisten.

"Don't you want to know why I don't like your gift?" Jihyo asked while not noticing her girlfriend's behaviour change because she was looking at the phone charm.

"No, I don't," Y/N replied as her shoulder started to shake.

Jihyo placed the charm back into the box and looked up. She was shocked to see Y/N look as if she was about to burst into tears. She quickly placed the box on her desk and pulled Y/N into a hug. Y/N wrapped her arms around Jihyo and hid herself in her girlfriend's chest as she tried to fight back the tears that were threatening to fall.

Jihyo lifted Y/N's head so that she could look her girlfriend in the eyes. It broke her heart to see the way that Y/N's eyes glistened in sadness. It made her feel even worse when she realized that she was the cause of this.

Jihyo wiped the tears at the edge of Y/N's eyes, "Hey now, don't you want to know why I don't like your gift?" she gently asked.

Y/N sniffled before shaking her head, "Why would I? My girlfriend said she doesn't like the phone charm that I made for her," she replied with a pain filled tone.

Jihyo leaned down to give Y/N a peck on the lips, confusing the younger woman, "Please, just ask me why."

Y/N let out a sigh, "Why don't you like my gift?"

A wide smile formed on Jihyo's face, "Because I love it," she replied.

Y/N's eyes widened in surprise, "You... love it?" she questioned.

Jihyo nodded her head, "Of course I love it. I would love anything you give me no matter how big or how small. Heck, I don't really care if you give me something material because I am happy with your mere presence."

Y/N bit her lip as she tried to keep herself from smiling widely, "Oh. I am really happy to know that."

Jihyo giggled as she started stroking Y/N's head, "I am sorry for teasing you like that. I didn't mean to hurt you. How about I make it up to you and take you to the amusement park after work?"

Y/N's lips curved up into a wide smile as her eyes shined with excitement, "Really?!" she asked, gaining a nod in reply, "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I am so excited now!"